Tuesday, April 12, 2022

Maryland Shores Rug Show

For those of you who may not know the April rug camp teachers are all McGowan Certified, therefore the majority of the rugs you're about to see would be McGowan designs.  Also most would be fine cut.  After I started attending this camp they did change the rules so that now anyone's pattern may be taken to this camp.

The first two rugs appear to be a wide cut and wonderfully hooked by Cheri Reid. Cheri usually hooks huge rugs. 

Am unable to see the name of the hooker in the photo which is the case with several pictures.
A geometric.
And even an applique.
Below is a pattern named "A bag full of Goodies" and hooked by Linda Panella.
The Notre Dame Gargoyle design hooked by teacher Anna Knap which I'm sure many of you have seen in RHM.
Another by Anna below.
This Circles in Circles rug appeals to me.
Was surprised to see a design called Daleview Farm designed by Polly Minick and I drew a number of these patterns for Polly before she sold the business.
Betty Burbage hooked this sweet dog below.


Notice that hooked key and key hole in the geometric?  Cool isn't it?

Pam Brune hooked the Heart designed rug.
A beautiful fox hooked by Peg Dutton,  the photo appeared in the latest ATHA magazine but her name wasn't mentioned.  The pattern is offered by The Wool Farm.
Oh my, what a beauty and I forgot the name of the hooker.  LOVE IT!
Another huge rug with wonderful colors and sadly the info is too blurry for me to tell who hooked it.
Loris hooked this Cindy Irwin pattern then the hooking is given back to Cindy and she has her contact put it in the purse design chosen by the hooker.  This is very nice....
..but this one is wonderful !!!!!!
 





It's been a long time since I've seen the name Potted Pear or a finished rug by that name; wish she would bring back her web site.
The sheep's head and horns were done Waldoboro style and flowers proddy.
The geometric is done with nice soft colors.
Last, but definitely not least, is the wedding dress designed and hooked by Cindy Irwin.  Notice those delicate flowers and buds cascading down the front of the skirt?   Click on the photo for it to enlarge so you can see the detail.  
That is the technique Cindy taught us in the event we wanted to make some to display in our home in a vase.
Yeah, I know you want to see what I've accomplished on my mother's profile.  But have been occupied with doctor appointment,  laundry, well, you know just life moving on and little time hooking.  

Happy hooking, maybe some of you are doing some of that 😒

Saundra




 

8 comments:

  1. wow that are some very large rugs there! I saw the dress in person last fall it is amazing for sure. I am so anxious to see your rug.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. What beautiful rugs. I really love those huge rugs, well I love them all. What a joy to see those beautiful rugs and all of that amazing talent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many wonderful rugs. Thanks for the show. I remember seeing the gargoyle rug on Facebook while it was being hooked. Just amazing!
    I saw the wedding dress at Sauder. That had to be a labor of love.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow !!! Just amazing .... incredible to see those in person ....works of art ! Thank you for sharing , just beautiful works of art !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my such wonderful rugs! So much talent out there!!! I could never hook large rug like that and it amazes me how others hook them and the designs hey choose. Janice

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are some incredibly incredible rugs. Yeah....I kinda lost my words seeing them. The gargoyles, the fox, the horse...oh my! And I've seen the dress before but it never ceases to cause me to gasp. Just beautiful. And you dang well better show your mother's rug!! ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lucky you for having seen all these gorgeous rugs in person. I've seen the egret, the gargoyle and dress before but not close up like just now.

    The wedding dress looks like a labor of love for sure. It's beautiful. It looks full size. I was wondering how long it was. The hanger kind of gives a bit of perception.

    Thanks for taking the time to share these colorful rugs with us.

    Me too am looking forward to seeing some progress on your new rug.

    Happy Easter.
    Hugs,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  8. All those gorgeous mats!!!wow,,,,
    Looking forward to seeing yours,,too,,,,

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and I always welcome comments.