Wednesday, April 20, 2022

On My Frame

Okay Lauren (Rugs and Pugs) you've been asking where the next project was....or some such wording.  My reply ...'I knew exactly what I was going to do' when temporarily putting Mother with Fishbowl away. 

It all started when eyeing the 2-yard overdyed wool rolls among Cindy's wool ~ you can read about that blog post HERE.  After drawing out my design the next thing I did was pull out my bag of grey and B&W wool worms.
Instead of using the rug design Cindy showed me with this color plan I decided to do my own MONOCHROMATIC PRIMTIVE FLORAL.  But am not  happy with the results so far.  Perhaps I need to remind myself it is a PRIMITIVE.
I'm constantly changing the flower drawings from my original design.  But then maybe I'm trying too hard to make the rug look artistic when it is supposed to be primitive using wool worms and present wool stash.   

Yet I'll continue pulling loops on this until I'm ready to retrieve my Mother and the Fishbowl out of the bag.  See, it is good to have another rug on the side to work on, me thinks, lol. 

Saundra





12 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you Joanna, I was unable to reply personally since you are a "No-REPLY" blogger.

      Delete
  2. It's looking good so far.
    Hugs,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its very nice! I enjoy seeing what you have up your sleeve when it comes to a "new rug"

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it will be charming....but do I see burgundy?? ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks really good so far. I think you’re overthinking it. Keep going!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love color,,,,as u know!! But really like UR Mat,!!!
    So antiquey looking,,,,,
    Keep going,,,,
    Thanks,,,,Saundra!,

    ReplyDelete
  7. So far, so good. Loving the color plan.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Am not a monochromatic person myself, but your version is looking good. Janice

    ReplyDelete
  9. OOOOoooohhh, this one intrigues me. I will be interested in seeing it a little further along. I like it as drawn but also know you have a keen eye so will be curious to see what you come up with.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and I always welcome comments.