Monday, April 25, 2022

Okay, Here's Your Update

Many have asked to see my rug since mentioning the change of design mid-hooking.  Here is a photo of the before when sketching a 'thought'.  You can see the hooking thru the leaves on the left side.

As I continued hooking it appeared to me there were too many leaves between the flower groups and had an idea.
This is what my rug looks like now as I push thru my newer design with a softer look.  Funny thing is I could never decide on a great looking flower shape  That is why they all seem so different.  But me thinks once this bad girl is on the floor (or sold, if lucky) no-one will ever notice.
FYI, the outside border will be wider and grow as I continue to hook,  Plus I'm enjoying this monochromatic floral as a challenge to myself.  And it was all inspired by Cindy Irwin with her beautiful overdyed roll of wool at rug camp.  Thanks for that Cindy.

Saundra





9 comments:

  1. It's looking mighty good, I viewed it close up and the colors shows up really nice.
    It's going to be a beautiful rug.
    Hugs,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is looking wonderful. I love seeing your process in the design.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like seeing your hooking. I think you are doing such a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enlarging the pictures like Julia mentioned , you rug looks beautiful !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely stunning! Love it - that background is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is looking amazing MD....that overdyed wool looks gorgeous...and the cool tones of the grays and white compliment perfectly. I think you should call it the Plant of Many Flowers LOL.... ~Robin~ (Yes, it's me et....for some reason Google isn't allowing me to sign in to comment with my blog. What the heck? Always sumthin.)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Enlarging the photos showed the colors much better for me. So love this design and how you are hooking it! Janice

    ReplyDelete
  8. Are you done yet? Lookin' good ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks great,,,,love seeing UR progress,,, Thanks so much,,,,Elaine

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and I always welcome comments.