Friday, July 14, 2023

MORE OLD RUGS

My  first thought was to do another Geometric Garden update but my previous post was about that so I'm falling back on my 'go to' post.   

A rug which looks like antique snowflake was said to be hooked between 1910-20 with measurements of 27 x 33.
Here is a bear chair pad, a design which I don't believe will ever be on Cathy's (Acorn Hollow) frame.
Birds with a 6 point star in the middle.  Again no date and also no size provided.
Boy Scout Camp measures 20 x 36 and was formerly owned by  Penny Marshall.  No age was provided by the auction house.
A geometric of circles measuring 21 x 35 and said to be hooked late 19th or early 20th century.  So simple yet to me it is beautiful.  If you tap on the photo it should enlarge so you can see it has a crochet edge.
Here's a close up of a section.
Here's another geometric of circles rug measuring 26 x 41 and hooked around 1930.  To me it doesn't compare to the beauty of the previous rug.
Here's interesting flower rug with diamond border.  The dimensions are 36 x 48 and said to be hooked in the 1800's.  Wish I could see it up close because the colors, hooking or braiding around the flower arrangement is very different.  Of course it could be a plaid fabric giving it that look.
Flowers and leaves,  22 x 36 hooked early 20th century.
The only information on this rug below is size of 40 x 65.
A central cat with bold hit and miss border with stars in the corner.  Again, no other info.
Check out the background on this horse rug.  Personally, those hooked conforming lines look weird under the horse's head, under the tail and across.  Wonder what the heck the person was thinking?  It measures 19 x 38 and hooked between early to mid 20th century.
That's it for now folks.  Guess I'd better go outside and pick up pinecones in anticipation of cutting grass before it gets too steamy out there.

I don't meditate, rug hooking does it for me.

Saundra






7 comments:

  1. Oh I love that circle rug!!!! Almost makes me wish I had large stash of worms. ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
  2. I Love those circle rugs too and the Basket with flowers ....Baskets always catch my eye !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah that horse one looks weird. However that circle one is so amazing and beautiful! Janice

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the rug show again, Saundra. I like your new motto. "I don't meditate, rug hooking does it for me."
    I like that circle rug too. A great project to get rid of worms.
    I agree, the lines under the head, tail and under belly on that horse are weird. He looks like part of his chest is missing too. lol.

    I hope that you enjoy the weekend.
    Hugs,
    Julia


    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the circles , too,,
    So simple but fun,,,
    Elaine😊😊

    ReplyDelete
  6. What fun rugs and what history. I wish I knew some of the history. My favorite is the Kitty rug second from the bottom, and next the horse. I don't know how you find each one and each is different. It hot here but thankfully not steamy. Have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and I always welcome comments.