Tuesday, July 4, 2023

HAPPY BIRTHDAY AMERICA!

On July 2, 1776 we gained our independence from Great Britain and July 4th we celebrated our freedom.  Happy Birthday America.
The pattern above is a design by Polly Minick and is a free to hook pattern in one of her booklets "American Summer".
I loved that design and thought about hooking it but it was so long I hooked this instead.
Yet another time I hooked something with a similar 4th celebratory theme on a pattern called Wee Folk by Vermont Folk Art Rugs
Wishing all of you a happy and safe holiday.  My plans are to stay inside and enjoy the A/C which I finally turned on full time yesterday.  Last week it was maybe for an hour during the hot part of the day then turned it off and I was fine.  But not yesterday as it was too hot and humid.

HAPPY July 4th!  

Saundra




7 comments:

  1. happy 4th my friend. We are home as well as most things are cancellled because of the rain again!
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I saw the first rug you posted, I thought right away to cut it down to the boy and wagon. What a fun patriotic rug! Happy Independence Day! Tundra does not mind the fireworks. Its the thunderstorms that get him going. We had a crack of lightning the other night so close that it even scared me and Bob out of our slumber...and of course got Tundra barking too. Janice

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAPPY BIRTHDAY AMERICA. The sun came out this morning but it's already clouding over and I think I'm getting used to it by now. Stay cool and enjoy this 4th of July, my patriotic American friend.
    Hugs,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your rugs are just delightful.
    Happy 4th to you.
    God bless America!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love these rugs !!!
    Was a dreary , rainy & humid day here until about an hour ago , The Sun is trying to shine ! Was a better day to sit & hook !!!
    Happy 4th Of July !!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happiest of Independence Day Mummy D....and Happy Birthday to the good old USA. I absolutely love your little rug show today. Your rugs are awesome! We're to get to 90º today with a real feel/heat index (whatever they are calling it these days) of 98º. 🥵 Us Nodians are made for that stuff. ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy 4th of July, ,, Saundra!!
    Hope u had a great day!
    Elaine🌷🌷💓

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and I always welcome comments.