Friday, July 7, 2023

ANTIQUE RUG SHOW

Basket of flowers dated 1910 measuring 27 x 36 and hooked with cotton and wool.
A bird in flight, no other information was available.
Interesting border to use up worms but think I'd get bored with those small blocks.  Again, no info on size and date hooked.
A floral with straighted border measuring 24 x 36.  Said to be hooked between 1890-1899.
I really like this floral with faded red and blue roses 30.5 x 48.5 hooked late 19th century.
A circular shirred rug with stylized flowers hooked 1840.
A geometric with hit and miss border and flowers measures 22.5 x 36.
Do you or do you know someone who needs Good Luck?  Auction house said it was hooked 1900.
Last is a horse drawn buggy with lady rider measuring 19 x 32.
I don't meditate ~ I hook rugs.

Saundra



6 comments:

  1. How you continue to find so many new old rugs to post so regularly amazes me. I kinda like the bird in flight one for some reason. No rain here yet but, thankfully, it's cooled down. ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not that I would want to hook it, but the floral with the straight border is my favorite ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I Love the first rug and its pretty soft colors ....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another great rug show. My favorite this time is the first one I could see me doing this one. My colors. Janice

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the first one too. The colors are so soft, it reminds me of a water color. It's my favorite in the bunch. Thanks again for your faithfulness in entertaining us with your rug show.
    Hugs,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the basket of flowers,,, always have,,,
    A funshow, ,,,
    Elaine😊

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and I always welcome comments.