Monday, July 10, 2023

NEW PATTERN UPDATE

Had hoped to have all the border hooked but it has been 3 days since my last post so thought I'd send an update anyway.  At least you will see the entire design this time and is an antique adaptation I've named "Geometric Garden".  
By the way, the reason I name rugs is in case a reader wants to know more information about the design or wants me to draw them a pattern.  That way I can easily find the original on the flash drive and provide info from the auction house.

Finally today was a day without rain but it is so dang humid and hot.  Not sure why I'm so surprised because I grew up in this eastern shore environment and know what it's like.  Yet as a kid my friends and I would run and play hide and seek in the fields but the sweat and itching from the grass didn't seem to bother us.  Oh my how sweet youth and innocence was back then.  Sadly it isn't that way any longer.

Apparently grass cutting will be on my list of things to do SOON unless more rain is in the forecast.  My heart and prayers go out to those in Vermont, up state New York and all those dealing with flood issues.

Saundra



10 comments:

  1. Lovethat mat,,,
    Elaine😊

    ReplyDelete
  2. You find the best antique rugs to hook!!! So how big is this one? It looks kinda big.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your rug. It really looks good. I loved how you describe kids playing in the summer. I watched my grandsons run and play in the corn. My goodness, all I could think about is how sticky and itchy I would be. They just never noticed.
    I drew out a rug for my grand daughter yesterday. She wanted pink and purple and I have to dye to get those colors. Have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh its me Kim. silly Google

    ReplyDelete
  5. glorious rug! and I love the befitting name ;) ~ your colors and wool choices are always spot on :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Geometric Garden is really taking shape in a hurry and it's looking great as usual.

    Oh those poor people in Vermont and in upstate N.Y. are in a desperate situation. I can't imagine how it must be to have this type of flooding in summer. We are used to flooding in the spring and we prepare the best we can but this must be the worst. Prayers for those poor people.

    My front lawn is cut but the back lawn is long because, of the rain. It rained again today.
    Take car. hugs.
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  7. I Love this rug & your colors !!!
    My brother lives in VT , luckily they aren't near a raging river , but the town is shut down due to washed out roads . My friends daughter had to evacuate from their home , their road can flood , so they came here in case they got stranded. It is just awful ....it ends the summer tourism , they will scramble to get things ready for the Fall foliage season.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The town our stores are in up the road got hit with a pretty bad storm a bit ago We were driving through on our way home and trees down everywhere. We told our worker to leave early as we knew the storm was approaching. Glad we did. Geometric Garden is going to be another great adaptation! I do feel for all those affected from the recent flooding. Just heartbreaking to see the photos. Janice

    ReplyDelete
  9. You're speaking my colors. We finally got about 1/4" of rain yesterday...along with horrendous wind...several plant and things down. But I count myself fortunate given what is going on elsewhere. So tragic. And now the landslides in CA. Tomorrow our high is supposed to be 70º. Eeek. ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
  10. We had almost daily rains in NB Canada for over a month but it seemed the ground could absorb the amounts before the next rains. Dry where I am in NC. Your rug is looking superb! What were the colours in the original?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and I always welcome comments.