Saturday, July 22, 2023

RUG LABELS DONE

Not only do I not have any rugs to bind, am also caught up on my rug labels.  Those include 4 previously hooked plus the 2 which will be finished before the end of the year.  I can get 6 labels to a sheet or more if I don't attach a mini photo of the original antique.
For those of you new followers, you can click the link below to see how I've made my labels HERE.

Have drawn the pattern for Cape May rug camp, which is probably a little early but at least it is done and won't be hanging over my head.  And, I've printed out a paper pattern for my next 'plus one'.  But haven't yet decided which pattern will be the main project.                                                       
You're probably wondering if cotton rug binding is the only way I finish my rugs and the answer is 'no'.  It depends on whether or not I want to add another row to the edge.  Sometimes I don't want the border to appear larger by whipping the edge or using wool, I just want the  hooking to show as I made  it.

Happy weekend and happy hooking.

Saundra



8 comments:

  1. Kudos to you for finishing. Still mine remains under the bed. Cannot wait to see what you do for Cape May. Janice

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome,,, great job keeping up,,,
    Elaine😊

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never labeled my rugs. I wish now that I had because I can't remember when I hooked each one, what the names of the rug and designers are. You make such lovely labels. I like that you add a picture to the label. I'm looking forward to see what you hook next.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You win first price for getting er all done... You are unbeatable. I've never labeled my rugs either but I know I should. I have recorded all my rugs on my blog so I know when they were finished and what I named them.
    I'm looking forward to see your next pattern. Knowing you, you probably have already started to hook without letting your hook cool...
    Hugs, Julia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your rugs are incredible. I love seeing them like that. Your labels are wonderful too. You are really caught up now, with getting your other rug drawn out too. Just lovely pictures and all museum quality.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay on the caught-up binding and labeling. You should hire out your label-making prowess. I know how to do them but, like you said, having to have 6 to a sheet means years and years of hooking for me LOL. Of course, I could actually label past rugs but since I have no clue when they were hooked or even the names of many, it would be a fruitless endeavor. ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are on a roll !!! Your labels are great . I have been a good girl , I make my label before I start hooking , so I remember the name of the pattern and designer ! LOL

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and I always welcome comments.