Monday, July 24, 2023

OLD RUGS FOR YOUR ENJOYMENT

You may have seen a few of these on FB posted by someone who visits the same auction houses as me.  But for those of you who don't use FB they will be new.  If I didn't already have a few chicken/rooster rugs I'd be tempted to hook this one.
The Native American rug below doesn't quality as an antique since it was hooked in the 1930's but thought it worth showing.  Native American on Horseback hooked with silk stockings,  28 x 38.  
Here is a close up.
A sunflower and geometric measuring l9.5 x 43 hooked early 20th century.
Nice colors in this yarn sewn rug made early 19th century.
Pastel Pinwheels with dimensions of 26 x 52 sold for $475 in 2006. It is now being auctioned again.
Take a look at the sale price on this Hutchinson rug.  It  measures 30 x 49 and sold for $10,200.
Birds and circles applique with dimensions  of 25.5 x 40.  Could also be hooked.
A folk art recumbent dog with dimensions of 42 x 53.
It looks like a close relative to this dog rug below which measures 33.5 x 44.
Oh, and lets do something for the feline lovers.  A bat and cat circa 1900 measures 23 x 70.   Won't be long before Halloween gets here, so this would be an easy hook.
Am getting close to another finished rug but am sure it won't be ready in two days to show in the next blog post.  However I will try.   More rain in the forecast for this evening and again on Saturday.  Sometimes other towns get the rain and those rain clouds don't fly over me.  Am hoping that will be the case for the next two predictions. 
                                   
Saundra



7 comments:

  1. The only rug I had seen was the applique one and I saved the picture.
    Love the Hutchinson rug!
    So what is next on the frame, overachiever?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like that rug with the Indian on horseback and that it was done with silk stockings. That is amazing, Good for you. I have been dyeing today. Not wild about the colors I got but oh well they will be interesting to work with. I hope you have a lovely Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the applique...and the second dog...but my favorite is the cat and bat. Just too funky not to love LOL. ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Hutchinson rug is interesting. I reminds me of a similar rug I saw in a rug hooking magazine years ago but can't remember which one. I like the last dog too.

    Thanks for the rug show again., Saundra.
    It's been a beautiful sunny day for a change today, but I didn't had time to go work outside.

    Hugs,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some seem familiar ,,,, but like seeing them all,,,
    We seem to be getting storm warnings every afternoon lately,,, some rain yesterday,,, cant believe its almost august! Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Where do you always find these rugs? Just amazing talent that was out there. Janice

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and I always welcome comments.