Wednesday, July 5, 2023

NEW PATTERN ON MY FRAME

This hot weather and holiday have given me time to draw a new pattern and hook a little.  It is an antique adaptation, so what's new, right?  Perhaps it will be a little familiar to you.
Something weird happens with my mind when there is a holiday because the regular TV programs show reruns or celebration events, there seems to be very little interaction on blogs because everyone else (but me it seems) has a life outside of rug hooking so I don't know what day of the week it is.  And a holiday on a Tuesday makes it even worse because today seemed like a Monday instead of Wednesday.

This afternoon a little after 3 p.m. I looked at the inside thermostat and the temperature outside at that time was 103* f.  Went to get my camera, put the memory card in it, returned to take a photo and the temperature had dropped to 101*.  Am wondering just how high the temp had reached before dropping to 103.  But it was wicked HOT and HUMID outside so pleased to be inside working on a rug with the A/C working.

P.S. just watched the local news at 6pm and the weatherman didn't indicate our temps for the day was that high.  But that is what it read on my thermostat inside the house.  Perhaps the sun was in the direction of the heat pump which maybe reads the outside temp?  I don't know, all I can say is that was the reading on the thermostat.

Saundra



9 comments:

  1. I SO can relate to your description of holidays. I hate that regular shows all are usurped for "specials" or there are fill-in's for the few news programs I watch)...and I, too, am all confused about what day it is. I actually took my garbage out to the end of the drive last night and it took me a while to figure out why it wasn't collected this morning. Our trash is collected on Mondays...and yesterday wasn't Sunday. Holidays for me are difficult because everything gets quieter, and I feel more alone. I am glad you can find comfort in your hooking. And I love the colors in your new start! ~Robin~ (Yikes - you were hotter than us....it's cooled down now thankfully.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was 92 here, but with humidity it was 101. UGH. Am going to love your new rug. I had to go back to work today and boy was I busy. another UGH Janice

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it already, can't wait to see more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it,,, reminds me of a Karen kahle pattern , she may have adapted from an antique,,,,
    Too hot here,,, no AC,,,,, hoping it cools down,,,
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  5. it's been super hot here, humid, sticky yuck...between thunderstorms, lightening and HAIL,... I'm over it! and it's only July. love your new work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is too Hot & Humid here too ....I have no energy ....we have central air , but it's still uncomfortable ...we don't crank it up , it's expensive too.
    Love your New Rug !!!
    Stay cool in the house , no outside work for me until much cooler temps !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Show us more! You are off and running ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. And, I am loving your new rug too. I had no doubt you would come up with something perfect for you. And, you did! Tuesday seems an awkward day for a holiday. Hilltop Post

    ReplyDelete
  9. 💟💟💛💛 love , love ,,,
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and I always welcome comments.