Thursday, August 10, 2023

ANOTHER RUG SHOW

Am happy to have the de-wormer project of Circles on my frame but I'm still looking for a super star. Meanwhile here is a rug found in Berks County of a trotting horse.  It measures 30.5 x 37 and hooked 19th century.
Below is an  unusual geometric with dimensions of 18 x 36.
This yarn sewn Tiger rug sold for $8,610 but don't have a year that sale took  place.  Said to be hooked 19th century and measures 34 x 70.
I really like this eagle rug below but don't have any other info.  It does look too pristine to be an antique.  If anyone knows who the designer is please let me know.
I'm wondering what antique  inspired the rug above and the one below (which is in the Barb Carroll rug pattern line) ...  Sorry the photo is so blurry.
...or perhaps inspired the pattern below known as The Poser and hooked by Lauren.  Would love to find the original antique which was the inspiration for all three.
Basket of flowers with tile border, 38 x 50.5.
Just a regular old chicken, no date was provided.  I'm guessing those corners depict chicken feet marks; at least that is my thought.
Center floral with ribbon-type scrolls in the corners, no date but measures 35 x 53.
The horse rug below was said to be hooked in the 1880's.
Some rain came thru this afternoon and I tried to chase it elsewhere but don't know if I was successful.  Hopefully it is gone for the day to parts unknown.  Happy hooking.

Saundra




14 comments:

  1. I'm curious on how that yarn sewn tiger rug was made. I tried to enlarge the picture but the original photo is a bit blurry. The horse rug on the top has well balanced colors in it and looks kind of regal with its big tail. I say this but I'm not good at critiquing antique rugs. Thanks for the rug show again.
    Hugs, Julia

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the 1849 eagle...great design elements and wonderful colors. Almost looks like a fraktur piece. Fingers crossed your rain is blowing this way....We are still holding at a 70% chance for tomorrow. ~Robin~





    ReplyDelete
  3. So the “just a chicken” I actually really like. What I think I like is that the light in the bird and the light of the background appear about the same. It makes it almost look like a pencil rubbing effect. That’s as close as I can describe it. šŸ«£
    Lady Locust

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the last one two horses
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great mat show,,,,as always,,I see some I have never seen,,,
    Thanks ,,,

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another great show! As always the horses mats sing to me but the eagle is extraordinary! If I had to date it I would guess recent. Wow.
    You can have some of our rain please. We’ve been soggy since June.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the rug is was hooked a few years ago. It is my adaptation!

      Delete
  7. Old or not, I really like the eagle!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It is my adaption of the corner of a coverlet. Here’s a link : https://www.blacksheepwooldesigns.com/products/eagle-1849-coverlet?_pos=1&_sid=fd7aa5d3c&_ss=r

      Delete
  8. btw, thx for the blog visit. One of my on-line friends said I should check out your blog. I've done some punchneedle with fibers; however, your rugs are great. thx for stopping my my blog space : )

    ReplyDelete
  9. All are so pretty. What a great job you do finding these treasures.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I Love how Lauren hooked the Poser ! Rug shows are fun to see !!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really love love that first horse! Janice

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and I always welcome comments.