Friday, August 4, 2023

MOVING ON

Every day the last couple weeks (including this morning) I spent ample time looking for a new rug pattern for my frame.  I'd already decided on the plus one a/k/a second-string project but not the star, otherwise known as the MVP.  So guess I'll move on and the second string will be the one on my frame.

Blogger friend Lauren (Rugs and Pugs) emailed me last evening to ask if I'd already started hooking the second-string rug yet.  I didn't respond to  her and thought I'd save it for this post as she seems to be living her rug hooking desire vicariously thru me.  So "yes, Lauren, I've started pulling loops on it".  However will save what little progress made until the next post.

Meanwhile, this is what I've chosen to hook and thought it would be a fantastic way to use up worms plus I do love a botchy background.  The original antique measured 21 x 35 so those are the dimensions I drew my pattern.  I don't always draw mine the same dimensions as the antique.
Below you can see it on my frame and since it will be a drizzly day it's a perfect day to hook.  Lauren, do you even know where your hook is?  How  many weeks has it been since you've seen it?  I miss your rug progress posts.
Happy Friday and happy hooking.

Saundra





8 comments:

  1. Now be kind to Lauren, she's my friend too, you know. That girl doesn't let moss grow under her feet. Her hook might have gotten a little dusty lately but I'm sure she'll come out and pull loops with a vengeance.

    I love this design, It's a dewormer for sure.
    Enjoy the weekend. Hugs.

    Julia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I'm glad someone is my friend. Big hugs to you!!!!!!!!!!

      Delete
  2. Be nice. I have been busy and soon you will know why!!! I did dust off my hook and pulled a few loops. Very few...lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Saw your blog post and hooking in progress, also saw you've other friends on your side. I already told Julia that I'd get 'pay back' for sure. Hugs back my friend!

      Delete
  3. Well if Lauren's hook got dusty, mine got lost in the mounds of it. LOL I would never be able to hook that many circles so kudos to you. Janice

    ReplyDelete
  4. Going to be a fun mat,,
    Awesome use of scraps,,,
    Elaine😍

    ReplyDelete
  5. I keep thinking of doing one of those kinds of rugs. I have so many worms. I like those kind of rugs to be able to hook and not have to pay as close attention. I hope you have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE this choice! If only I had worms. Perhaps Lauren's hook is on a walkabout with mine. Nah, couldn't be - mine has had a huge head start. ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and I always welcome comments.