Tuesday, August 15, 2023

MISC. CHIT CHAT

Plan for today is to finalize my wool selection for this pattern.   Last time I walked by the wool temporarily selected thought there should be more options.

The original antique is a shirred rug which sold for $10,073. I named the pattern Lollipop Flowers and drew my pattern 22 x 31 not the original larger size of 31 x 44.  
Here is the wool I've selected and hope if Caroline 
(Eagles Nest Woolensthinks she has something which will make the project special that she will suggest it.  As usual just before leaving for camp I'll probably put a few other pieces of wool in with this bunch.
I figured the black wools would be used for the background around the flowers ~ I prefer to have a mix vs just one piece of wool for a background.  Don't know what Caroline sees as flowers, leaves or stems but think I've given her options.  Plus there are several rows surrounding the floral center which I wouldn't know how to hook.  So excited to have a class with her.

I'm registered for a November class with Caroline Twigg  again but haven't decided what the project will be yet.  There's lots of time for me to change my mind between now and then so will wait.

This morning at 7:15 the temp outside was 79 degrees.  The A/C setting in the house is 76, which is by no means cold.  Yet look at the steamy kitchen window this morning with the high humidity.
If it wasn't for an eye appointment today at 2:40 I wouldn't go outside the house.  Only regret is that I don't have a rug to bind while waiting ๐Ÿ˜, guess that is what I get for being up-to-date with binding.  And once I come home everything will be foggy just like that door you see above.

Happy hooking.
 
Saundra



9 comments:

  1. I bought that pattern, and I like the color wave as shown. So I will try to reproduce that soft rusty look. I'm glad we're not as warm as you, but I could stand a few degrees warmer. It's only 71' here in Ohio. I don't go to many camps, have bunches of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have had rain now for almost 24 hours off and on and are under a beach hazard warning, which means erosion to beaches here along our river. I do love this new rug even though am not a fan of circles. I could see me hooking this on if I had time. Janice

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have always LOVED this antique rug. I'm sure you will do a mahvelous job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The sauna is what keeps you so young looking ๐Ÿ˜‰ I always like seeing what your inspiration rugs are compared to what you do. No rules, go ahead and throw a purple flower in there just cuz you like it ๐Ÿ˜‚

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty rug - I'm sure you will work your magic with colors and it will be better than the original. I can tell you're getting excited for camp. It was in the 40's this morning and today was pleasant 70's. Yesterday was in the low 60's and I debated turning on the heat. This weekend, though, we're to be in the 90's again. Talk about a seesaw. ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sure you'll do a wonderful job on this rug as it doesn't look too complicated.

    Ii rained just about every day here and I'm at a lost where July and half of August went. I don't want to hear the "Fall" word yet. It's been one of my busiest summer ever. Everything is just a blur to me.

    I'm looking forward to seeing the teacher's choice of colors for the new floral antique rug.

    Take care. Hugs.
    Julia



    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like a great fun mat to work on,,,
    Too hot for me,,,
    Its been ok lately,,,I am glad,,,,

    ReplyDelete
  8. The humidity is awful this year even for us. Love your wool selection great rug I know you will do great with.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  9. This rug looks like a fun one to hook . You stash of wool looks pretty !
    Hope your eye appointment went well !
    A dreary week for us ....muggy & rain ....I hope we have better weather for the Fall !

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and I always welcome comments.