Wednesday, August 2, 2023

GEO GARDEN ALL HOOKED

Last loops were pulled today and am quite pleased with it; I think.  Since the label was previously printed it now needs to be bound and label attached.  
At least right this minute I'm calling it finished.  Looking at the photo now am questioning that pinkish brown in the center with the trio of flowers.  On the one hand it makes the central 'garden' stand out as the main event.  On the other hand does it really fit?

Perhaps I should have chosen a different color brown.  See what I do with my head ~ always questioning my color choices.  At least the wide cut was comforting 😏

Think I told you I've chosen my my next plus one or second string rug project.  What I need now is the star or MVP.  For the last couple days I've perused my two flash drives, known antique sites and Pinterest yet still  haven't found anything which makes my heart skip a beat.  So could be my second string might have to fill in as the star of the show.  Stay tuned.

Saundra




10 comments:

  1. You are too hard on yourself at times. I think you rug is perfect and pleasing. Janice

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the color in the middle you are right it makes it stand out. Lovely as always
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like this rug. I really think you did a nice job on this rug. I enjoy looking at your work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The pink provides a warm draw for the eye. Really nice piece! You should be proud. If the pink still jars you after a couple days you could pull just a few loops of it in two other places in the mat.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it,,,
    Congrats Saundra,,,
    So fast,,,
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the pinkish brown in the middle, it softens it a bit. Very pleasant on the eyes. Again, a great job.

    On to the next.
    Hugs, Julia

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think your rug is Beautiful !!! I heard that if you put the color mauve in a rug it makes it look older ....have you heard that ? Works for me ! LOL Your rug looks like an antique !!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful finish...and you need to call it finished!
    Looking forward to what is next!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another beautiful finish! And, yes, do leave that little pop of color in the center. It brings a quirk of old to it me thinks. I am surprised you are struggling with your next main feature...usually the issue is there are too many wanna-do's. Good luck! ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and I always welcome comments.