Tuesday, August 22, 2023

THIS and THAT

Janice (Prims by the Water) shared a photo of a chair she recently purchased.  Hers seemed similar to one I purchased in the last 10 years except for a different cane style seat.  The similarities are the backrest and the rough carved legs.  I have no idea on the age of mine, Janice do you have an idea?  Also don't remember how much I paid but can assure you it wasn't much as I'm a cheapskate, lol.
I'm not sure if the original paint was blue or if the chair was backed against a blue wall ~ check the blue spots on the top of the vertical woodwork.
Am pleased to have a buyer for the 16" Townsend Orbiter frame and it will be picked up this coming Sunday.  Makes it a lot easier for me as it won't have to be packed and shipped.  Also saves the buyer money and best of all I'm reducing the number of rug frames by one.
I went to see a hand surgeon last Friday.  Nope, it wasn't for the huge osteoarthritis knuckles you see there, it was for the big joint in the ring finger.  I has been VERY painful and often comes slightly out of joint enough to cause a very sharp pain.  This happens sometimes during the  night and I will press slightly on the sides to put it back in place.  This doctor said it was osteoarthritis and nothing can be done as there are no finger bone replacements.
I was hoping to stop the occurrence of what happened to a finger on my left hand.  About 10 years ago I went to another hand surgeon about the pointer finger on my left hand.  This is as much as I can make a fist ~ notice only the tip of the finger will bend.  It isn't painful and I have feeling in the finger.  
That doctor said the bones were filled with cysts and was like one solid bone from the knuckle down to the tip.  Am sure there is a medical term for this condition but don't know what it is.

Of course my prominent hand is the right hand and the one which is giving me much pain tonight as I hook.  Then I realized that I contributed to tonight's pain by pulling weeds before cutting grass.  Even tho it was hurting while pulling the weeds I continued.  What a dumbass I was.

Anyway, when cutting grass this morning noticed the lake has disappeared.... finally.  But am sure with more rain, if heavy or often enough will fill the area again.

Am still working on the circles, the worm buster rug, a little slower and a little more painful but still happily hooking.

Saundra




9 comments:

  1. ouch! My husband has hand issues too from the same thing. His hand ache some days when especially when it is cold.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy to hear you sold your frame and don't have to figure out to ship it!
    Oh, that hand looks painful!!! So sorry there is nothing that can be done ;-(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Saundra, your hand looks so very painful. A few knuckles on the left hand are a bit swollen and sometimes they are very painful, especially when it's cold but haven't given me any problem this summer.

    I'm sorry that your swollen joints can't be fixed. I hope that you can hook for many years yet.

    Take care and give your hands a bit of rest.

    Hugs, Julia

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just posted over on Lauren's blog...and I'll say it here again...ya just can't keep a good hooker down! sorry for your hands my friend, but like our faces {at a certain age} we tell stories and communicate through our bodies. I'm so happy that you're able to pull those loops!
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yikes. I will never again complain about the arthritic nodule on my right thumb that makes holding scissors awkward at times. I repeat...yikes. I sure hope it doesn't get worse... Have you tried Voltaren gel?? It used to be prescription only, but now is OTC. It doesn't always help but sometimes it does seem to ease the pain. Hot than BLAZES here today and tomorrow. Heat advisories with heat indices up to 106º. ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Saundra , so sorry about your hand .....If I do too much , like pulling weeds, digging in the gardens , my hands aches too . I am pretty sure I have carpel tunnel in my left hand from painting wooden folk art pieces we used to make for 30 plus years. I am a righty , but I hold everything in my left hand that I am working on . This getting Older Thing is not for Sissy's !!! Everyday there is another ache or pain !
    Thats great you sold your rug hooking frame & don't have to ship that !
    Hope you feel better , thankfully you are still able to pull loops !!! Take care !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yikes,,,that hand looks so Sore! You are Tough! And still hooking etc,,,
    Good for you,,,!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your chair sure does look like mine. Mine was the original stain, so maybe yours was up against something blue or someone did paint it blue and then put it back to wood. I am pretty sure mine was from the 1800's because it is as small as my great grandmothers one I have. Folks were smaller back then. Oh no on your hand. I hope it subsides so you can hook better. It does look very painful. OUCH We had some sever weather go by this morning. Thought the power was going to go out and glad it did not. Janice

    ReplyDelete
  9. My doctor has me massage organic castor oil on joints, shoulder pain, whatever. It worked! Warning, a little goes a long way

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and I always welcome comments.