Sunday, August 20, 2023

SHOW-n-TELL

It's time for another rug show.  By the way, I did tweak Mother once more but won't bore you with that photo.  Guess this first rug could be considered a geometric with its 6 point stars, deer, tree and checkerboard border.  No date was provided.
Talk about circles... this one is dated 1896.
This Roosters rug was recently on one of the auction sites, it measures 21 x 39.
A colorful cat rug hooked early 20th century with dimensions of 41 x 41.
October is getting near, so here is rug full of cats, and bats ~ or are they birds?   I prefer to think bats.  With a couple small horses in the mix.  Heck, print this out and  use any image for a rug of your own.  The cat shapes in the corners are typical vintage shapes.
I so wish the person who took the photo below had stood on a stool to get a  more level picture.  Anyhoo.... the rug measures 18 x 43 and said to be hooked between 1880-1910.  It is a collection of John and Jane Thayer.
A pretty floral with a wonderful hit and miss fan border.  It measures 23 x 36 but no date was provided.
And finally, a folk art horse rug with horseshoes in corner.  Something I wasn't aware of with this antique before was the spelling of Kit and Tony in the rug.  That is until Lauren (Pugs and Rugs) sent me a photo of adaptations which were on display at Sauder.  I'm sure Lauren will post those photos so don't want to steal her thunder.  Be sure to check back on her blog to view the rugs from Sauder when they are posted.
Happy hooking.  I've a little yard work to do this morning before it gets too hot but then I'll be hooking on my circles.

Saundra



6 comments:

  1. Not that I would ever hook it, but I do love that first rug.
    I am most intrigued by Kit and Tony. I could see you hooking that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love the cats and whatever they are! (Surprised?) Hotter than blazes here again today. ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another fun rug show ! Wish the people had taken a better photo of the rug with the house too ....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for another interesting rug show again.
    It's rained heavily all night again. Everything feel soggy.
    Enjoy the new week.
    Hugs, Julia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for fun MatS!
    Wow,,love them,,,
    Fun colors,,

    ReplyDelete
  6. I so love the colors of that first one even though it looks like some pink in there. Wonderful choice of rugs to show us this time. You really tweaked your tribute rug again? Hopefully it is finished for you now. Janice

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and I always welcome comments.