Thursday, August 17, 2023

VISITING MOTHER AGAIN

This will be my last tweaking of Mother with Fishbowl so hope it goes smoothly today.  

Fast forward with hook in hand for about 3 hours this is the result of today's work.  Hard to believe there is almost 3 hours of work here because you probably don't see any change since I don't either.
Of course some of that time was reverse hooking then rehooking sometimes more than once.  Although you may not notice the difference these are the areas worked on:
     ~ eyebrow arch
     ~ cheek near mouth, lips and teeth
     ~ shade under chin to a somewhat lighter value

This is what it looked like after the last tweaking weeks ago ... hardly noticeable eh?  I'm calling her done except for a final steaming tomorrow.  Just can't handle that tonight.  Yes, Mother will go to Cape May with me as I've worked too much for her not to go.  I think she would be proud with my attempt. 
Some of the wool has been rehooked so many times some strips have tiny threads which stick up.  So tomorrow when I steam it will try applying a little hair spray (on my finger) then apply around the eye to keep the threads from moving around.  If anyone has experience on this problem let me know.

Once again, this is the photo from which I drew the pattern.
Hmmm, now  that I'm looking at the photo and comparing it appears there's no dark value on the back of the lower neck. POO.  Maybe I will do more tweaking tomorrow with an even lighter value at the back of the neck.

Several of my friends will be enjoying the rug show and/or classes at Sauder.  I've never visited Sauder and know that is my loss.

Happy Hooking and I am looking forward to working on my circles tonight!  

Saundra



6 comments:

  1. You are too hard on yourself, but I understand. Have fun going in circles tonight! Janice

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Mother looks AMAZING! As would she, I'm certain. As for those waywrd threads....I just trim them off?? Maybe we're talking of different things? ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would be thrilled ,,,it's amazing,,
    Enjoy UR time away,,

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your tweaking is done... She looks marvelous and will be a star attraction at Cape May. Be very pleased with the way she looks...

    My going in circle gets me nowhere but your going in circle is producing a lovely rug. Can't remember when you're going to Cape May.

    Take care. Hugs
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so glad she gets to go to the rug show after all. She looks wonderful. If you ask me, she looks excited to get to get out of the house. Have a wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think Mother looks Wonderful too ! I bought a sweater shaver at Home Goods a while ago , it takes one AA battery and takes all those little pills & threads away ....it works great and cost about $6.00 . A friend bought it & Loves hers , you can also run it across the back side.
    You have never been to Sauder ? Think that should be on all of our Bucket Lists !!! Old Tattered Flag posted amazing pictures today on FB , just incredible details .

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and I always welcome comments.