Tuesday, August 8, 2023

RUG HOOKING CHIT CHAT

I've many rugs on my walls, rugs on the floor, some I've given away yet they keep mounting.  Since I won't stop hooking, as long as my hands can pull loops and have all this wool, I might put a few on my FB web site for sale.  Just recently sold a rug named Chum which you will see near the end of the post.  This one below is the original antique.
And I wondered if it was hooked by the same person who hooked Ned.
Continuing with the story... when in class with Barb I asked if I should draw regular paws on Chum or do the same claw/toe nails as depicted in the antique.  Barb said to do the claw paw for sure.  Barb color planned the rug for me and it has great memories of our time together.   

Another tidbit and fun fact, I asked Barb if I should make that motif into a full star (left of the word Chum).  And she said, "no it's a 'what's it'.  Of course I didn't ask her what a 'what's it' was as that was supposed to be part of the intrigue of antique rugs ~ I guess.  Oh Barb, you gave me so many fond memories!!!!  You were COOL BEANS!!!!!

It so happened that Cynthia Norwood dropped by one day and while color planning my rug Barb held up a piece of wool and asked Cynthia if she remembered that wool from their past (the 3rd border in at the ends of the rug).  Don't know what their experience was but that happened to be a woman's jacket I'd purchased at the thrift shop and I've still some left.  

Here is CHUM, now in a private collection.
I shared the paw story to the buyer after she acknowledged receiving it and knew she was happy.  She said the feet were the most endearing part of the rug and will cherish it.

Last night there was another 2.69" of rain so my lake is still here as strong as ever.  Not sure how much rain fell a couple nights ago.  Tomorrow is supposed to be clear so will cut some grass since the ground won't be quite as soggy in most parts of the yard but still sponge like near the lake.

Hope all is well with my rug hooking friend folk.

Saundra



9 comments:

  1. Congrats on your rug sale. Now you can buy more wool...lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your take on Chum but it looks like he needs a manicure. Congratulations on your rug sale.
    Looking forward to another update on your circle rug.
    Hugs, Julia

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think those two rugs were hooked by the same person. Some funky paws for sure. Janice

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the sale of your
    Rug. Great story on the color plan. We have had so much rain everything is soggy
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your rug Chum. My goodness what a lot of rain you have been getting.
    I love the rugs you find.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So nice to sell a rug !!! Chum is a Funky guy with those long nails !
    Seems like every other day is humid and with some rain ...today is a beautiful comfy day with a nice breeze . Hope your Lake dries up !!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You certainly have some cherished memories of Barb. I really like your version of Chum...the color palette is wonderful! Not a stinking drop of rain here. I really can't remember when we last had rain. They are now saying maybe Friday...but since that is still 2 days away, I'm certainly not holding my breath. ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
  8. love both Chum & Ned...but your Chum is wonky-wonderful! ~ fabulous colors and so early looking!
    Lori from NFF

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and I always welcome comments.