Thursday, October 12, 2023

LOLLIPOP FLOWERS HOOKED

Actually hooking was completed yesterday, exactly one month after starting it at Cape May.  But don't give me a celebratory ovation because on FB there was a gal (forgot her name) who finished her rug from Cape May in less time and it was larger than mine.  

Loved having Caroline (Eagles Nest Woolens) as my teacher and can't wait to hook with her again November.  
Robin dear, did you notice I did not do a preliminary whipping stitch to roll the edge of this first?  I put on my old big girl panties and am whipping it as I go. I'll do a little whipping each night, no need to rush it since I hate whipping.

Watching and listening to the news was bad enough for the last two plus years but as of last weekend the news has been sickening to watch.  I've turned the TV off and tried to remove the images and sounds I'd witnessed.  My heart goes out to the Jewish community in America because I'm sure they're emotionally suffering.  And I pray for those in Israel who are experiencing this horror now.  May God Bless you and your families.  
Saundra



6 comments:

  1. I am going gaga over this latest finish. I absolutely love love the colors. I have not watched tv for days and now that I have it on, wish I had kept it off. Keep hearing something is going to happen tomorrow and praying it does not. My last day of vacation is tomorrow and I may just keep it off as much as I can. Janice

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Saundra...what a magnificent finish. Give yourself a break!!! You can't always be the first one to finish...lol!!!
    So sad and scary what is happening in this world. There is true evil.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Lollipop rug is sure a beautiful thing. Something good to look at.
    The news on TV is sad, sickening and frightening. I heard that something bad is going to happen to tomorrow also. So many prophesies about this being a time of tribulation. Evil has been unleashed on the world because people have lost faith in God and are too evil and worldly. Rumours of a Third World War is also being heard. We are asked to repent, do penance and pray, pray, pray.

    Saundra, I like your tribute to the Jewish people and the flag of Israel. May God protect every one.
    Hugs,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love ,love this mat so much,,,
    Well done,,,
    So sad what's going on,,,!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is one of your finest finishes yet Mummy Dearest. I just love the colors. And yay you on the big girl panties LOL. I still love whipping - I find it soothing, relaxing and pretty much mindless. Unfortunately, I've been liking the look of a wool strip binding of late and that is a lot less soothing. 😳 I really have to get to it though. My (pathetic) goal is to at least get my Simple Santa bound before Christmas. (Don't laugh at me... Ok, never mind...go ahead and laugh.) Yes, these times are frightening. And it disgusts me that some of those who are the first to scream "racist" have no problem with anti-Semitism. SMH ~et~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Saundra I just Love this rug ! Your colors are so pretty !

    I have a very good friend I walk with who is Jewish ........what is happening in Israel is just unbelievable , what a very scary world it is now ....just so much hatred everywhere . I worry for my Grand Children growing up .

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and I always welcome comments.