Thursday, October 5, 2023

RUG PATTERNS THIS WEEK

This week I drew two patterns, one for Lisa and one for my rug camp in November with Caroline Twigg.  Below is the horse/geometric which Lisa ordered.  The antique rug was said to be hooked between 1890-1900.  Lisa should receive her pattern tomorrow.  I asked if she'd send me a photo once it is  hooked, she plans to hook it close to the colors in the original.
The rug below is what I finally decided to hook with Caroline (Eagles Nest Woolens).  This design was top of the list to hook at one time but for some reason another rug kept knocking it out of top slot.  Will be nice to finally get'r on the frame.  
Now back to the rug on the frame as it is getting closer to being finished.  Happy hooking. 

Saundra



7 comments:

  1. Both of these rugs are nice. I started to pull some wool out for the pattern you sent me. Will be able to start soon....hopefully anyway. Still working on Christmas. Janice

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now it's official. Are you planning to hook the sheep in different colors and how big is this rug going to be?

    Somehow, I don't recall ever seeing the horse rug before. Maybe my memory is failing me in my old age.

    Happy hooking
    Hugs, Julia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two great mats,,,
    Look forward to ur next camp time,,,

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lisa must be an amazing hooker!
    I remember when Caroline hooked that sheep rug a few years ago. She hooked the ginormous version and used it as a fundraiser. I am sure you will do it justice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooo, that horse rug is great! But, of course, I have always had a huge mushy spot for sheep of any kind. ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay! I like the sheep 🐑

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lady Locust (erg. I forget it says anon)

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and I always welcome comments.