Saturday, October 14, 2023

New Design from an Old Rug

Months ago I drew an antique adaptation from this design for Lisa.
This is how she hooked it and had requested some of the images be removed from her pattern, to which I complied.
For my pattern I took it a step further and mine is barely recognizable to either of the rugs above.  Will only show you a portion of the design to keep you coming back for more
😉.  I did show the line drawings to Lauren (Rugs and Pugs) as I asked her opinion on two possible designs.  But want this preview hidden from her eyes too in an effort for her to be a little surprised when she sees it again.   
Already I've rehooked the head twice.  Changed the eye but maybe the eye should  have been drawn like the original ~ so that too might change.   At first I thought the outer hooked wool on the head would be a good color combo but that might be replaced.  Am struggling to come up with the colors which suit me.   At least I'm content pulling loops inside on this chilly wet Saturday.  Finally gave in and turned the heat on.

Happy hooking.                  

Saundra


7 comments:

  1. We turned on the heat too ,just to take the chill off. It does feel nice !

    I love how Lisa hooked the pattern you drew for her , her colors are pretty & it looks like an antique. And you are going to keep us in suspense!!! LOL
    Happy hooking !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love both versions, but do like how you added in 1776. Janice

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the design- will be fun to see what you do with it 💕. Lady Locust

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun design!!!
    Chilly here now,,,leaves all falling ,,,,wool socks on.,,,
    Fireplace on,,,,,cozy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL! It has been a while...so not sure of the images you sent me.
    Lisa is a great hooker and I know your adaptation will be amazing, too.
    I have turned the heat on a number of times, but I am having furnace issues and it only works some of the time. Oh, how I hate to call the furnace company ;-(

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love, love, love this design...both the original and Lisa's and what I can see of yours as well. I REALLY love how you hooked the head and eye...that is immediately what my eyes went to and thought "wow." I've had a large eagle rug of Cathy's waiting in the wings for me - and even have the wools pulled...but, well, you know. Stay cozy and warm. ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oops, I'm lagging behind again. I like how you hooked the eagle's
    head too instead of just a white color. I'm anxious to see how you'll hook the background. You're really aging this rug with that date, lol. Way to go, woman...
    I bet that by now you got a lot more done on it.

    Lisa did a nice job on hers too and I think that the focus is more on the eagle as I find there're too many motifs in the original. Just my humble opinion.

    I lit the wood stove to take the chill out of the house. I've been a wearing a wool coat this past week.
    Keep warm and keep that wool dust flying.
    Hugs, Julia

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and I always welcome comments.