Monday, October 16, 2023

IN FULL VIEW

Here is the 1776 Eagle pattern in full view.  I decided to make my stars 5 point stars as in the US Flag.  Changed the date from 1907 on the original antique to 1776.  But had questioned if I wanted the date of Independence from England (1776) or the date the Constitution was written in 1787.  You can see what I chose. 

Also decided to add the leaves at the bottom ~ but had also thought of having a wavy ribbon instead.  I sent Lauren (Rugs and Pugs) both line drawings to see which she preferred, and the leaves won.  
Am not sure how I want to hook the wings yet so will probably try something on one side and my other idea on the other wing to see which I prefer.   Below is the original antique.
Hope your week goes well and happy hooking.

Saundra


8 comments:

  1. I actually like your version better than the original now...and I did like the antique at first. Call me fickle. LOL Janice

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like it 💕
    Lady Locust

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great revamped design. And I just love that gray wool you are using and how you are using it. ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your antique adaptations just keep getting and better!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so impressed with your colors so far it looks great!!!
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  6. It keeps getting better and better. This is a more graceful and simple design, less busy. It's a winner.

    Hugs,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lori from Notforgotten FarmOctober 18, 2023 at 10:55 AM

    beautiful eagle progress ~ so old looking!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and I always welcome comments.