Friday, October 27, 2023

RUG SHOW SMORGASBORD

The rugs I'm about show you aren't antique but some may well have been antique adaptations.  These have been documented as rugs hooked by a former member of the Duchess County Rug Hooking Guild.  

According to the auction site she is selling a part of her collection.  I don't know the lady's name who is selling her rugs as it wasn't mentioned on the web site.  I can empathize with her because I've so many rugs and have my favorites which I rotate.
This rug below is my favorite out of the bunch and it might well have been an antique adaptation.  If I find the antique among my photos I may adapt the antique myself.

This rug below looks familiar and might be another adaptation.
This geometric is always a great way to downsize on worms.
This one below is also nice.
Nice floral but I'm over floral rugs at the moment.
Hmmm, the rug next also looks familiar.
This rug looks like books on a shelf but was listed just 'as a runner'.  Yet it would make another great de-wormer project.



I've seen this rug below somewhere before too.
This Sulky rug below was not among the rugs hooked by the lady above but isn't an antique.  It was found in Prince Edward Island, Canada and hooked around 1967.  Might be a 'memory' rug.
And this landscape was hooked mid 20th century so not an antique either.
That's it for today's show.  Happy hooking and I'm sure Lauren (Rugs and Pugs)  is having a blast.  She sure does get around, wonder how many hook-ins and rug camps that wandering hooker attends each year?   If you're reading this Lauren hope you are having fun and happy hooking to all.

Saundra




8 comments:

  1. I noticed that there's faded turquoise in a lot of the rugs and was wondering if they were hooked by the same person. I really like that floral, with its muted colors and the houses and the landscape. You know how much I like details. Even though I love details, I also appreciate the antique rugs. They all look in pristine condition.
    Good work on the rug show. Thanks one again and have a restful weekend.

    Take care, hugs
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another great rug show. Thanks for putting that together. When I first met Lauren she told me she hardly goes anywhere. I find it funny, as I think she "goes" a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just hope she gets a good price for them.
    Yes Lauren is always out and about having fun
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sad to think she is parting with all these on some level...but they will be someone's gain. I like the floral with the diamon border the best. ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another fine show. I would actually like the first one if the red was not so bright. A shame someone needs to sell their items, but everyone has there own reasons for doing so. Janice

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the lollipop tree below the one you like. I like how it has diamonds and tongues around for the border. Also love the twin churches ⛪️ Fun show.
    Lady Locust

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had a hard time choosing a favorite here, but agree with Prims by the water about the first one. It would be my favorite if the red was more muted.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So many great rugs ....hard to part with though & I hope she gets good prices too !

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and I always welcome comments.