Saturday, October 28, 2023

MY HALLOWEEN HOOKED PIECES

On the harvest table is my favorite Nantucket Broom Ride, designed by Lori of Notforgotten Farm, pattern by Spruce Ridge Studios.  The flowing scarf is not part of the design but rather a suggestion by my mentor Barb Carroll.  Actually Kris Miller color planned it for me in class but Barb use to read my blog and sent me an email with that suggestion and some wool.  She was a generous soul.

At home not thinking about the sliver moon being gold I hooked a gold house on the same side at the bottom.  It should have been a gold house on the left to distribute the color and make the eye travel, oh well.  So I made the far left tree in gold, lol.
Another design by Lori and color planned with Kris is the pattern Do Goode Be Nice.  Instead of hooking a skeleton key I attached a real one instead.  Those are supposed to be chin hairs on the the witch.  I think she needs eye surgery, 😁
This Jack was a free pattern insert in the Sept/Oct 1997 issue of Rug Hooking Magazine, a design by Barb Carroll.
Mache Jacks below is my design.
Another design by Lori which is sitting on the sofa table near the front door.  I believe this pattern was purchased from Lori's etsy page vs, Spruce Ridge.
Hobo Joe is a pattern by Lucille of American Country Rugs. It was intended to be a cut out door hanger but I had other plans for him.
I have another Halloween themed pattern by Lori which I haven't hooked yet.  Hmm, two in fact.  

Here's something I didn't hook, sew or applique but I love it and it is hanging on my front door.  It is a wool applique stocking which Tonya Robey made and I just had to have it.  Hard to see but the stitched word at the bottom is BOO.
Happy Halloween and happy hooking.

Saundra



9 comments:

  1. I admire you for decorating for Halloween. I no longer can be bothered.
    Your rugs are all cheery and your our own design is really up there with the best of them.

    It's been a warm day end evening today and I took advantage to dig out my sweet potatoes today. I see on my phone that we're supposed to have snow on Monday.

    I have a appointment to have my winter tires on on November 21st. It the earliest date I could get.

    Take care and good luck with the inquisition.
    Hugs, Julia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such wonderful pieces Happy πŸŽƒHalloween!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Boo-tiful Halloween rugs! I have two rug patterns from Lori that I still have not hooked. Her bunny and squirrel. You just reminded me of that. Janice

    ReplyDelete
  4. You amaze me! The chin hairs πŸ˜‚. Also, I did like the pix you sent 😁. Happy full moon πŸŒ• (almost like an orb πŸ˜‰)
    Lady Locust

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love lori designs for fall,,,
    So fun,,,and love the Colors!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love all your Halloween rugs !!! They are Wonderful !!! And so is the darling stocking !!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super fun halloween rugs. Really love all of them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I claim dibs over Sissy on inheritance rights to your Halloween rugs Mummy Dearest. I tried to pick a favorite or two...but, alas, I can't...so I get them all. 🀣 ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and I always welcome comments.