Sunday, January 28, 2024

CHECKING STAG COLORS

Yes, the stag rug still looks rather stagnant (no pun untended).  I've tried different colors under the stag to see which closely resembles the antique.  Tried a brighter color between the stags back legs thinking the one under the belly was too dark.  Hmm, I think I prefer the darker color.  BUT will peruse my wool room to see if there is something more suitable than either of these tomorrow.

Well damn, the color chosen for the ground behind the stag doesn't suit me either ~ so back to the wool stash for that too.
At first I was going to outline the stag like the antique but have changed my mind.  There's a big value difference anyway so not really needed to define it from the background.  Sometimes I don't make good project choices but it won't go into a UFO pile.  If the Forever Floral didn't end up there surely this one won't.

Perhaps I just need to hook the stag, not refer to the antique colors at all and just go with my gut.  Bet you're all wanting to see how far off my choices were, lol.  Here's the antique.
Last night it rained AGAIN.  Today I was in the yard and each step taken I could hear and feel the water rising above the bottom of the shoe. Further into the backyard where the shed is the water is puddled above ground all across the back and sides.  At this rate the water will still be here until summer.

Saundra


8 comments:

  1. You definitely overthink your color choices, but it always ends up just perfect!
    Rain, rain, go away . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry about the deluge in your yard. Yesterday was warm and today it's back to freezing cold and now it's windy too, making it feel colder.

    If you don't find the right colors, maybe you could try marrying wool so the colors will blend in better? Just a thought. I know that you never get stuck for long. You'll find a solution.

    Hugs,
    Julia



    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, what GT said.... (says one master overthinker to another.... ;-) ) From what I am seeing on my monitor and given my wonky sense of color, if you want to reproduce the color on the original, I'd use the color you started hooking horizontally on the lower right side as the color between the hind legs...At least that's what I see "matching" it most closely. (And then mixing in random bits of the darker red that you are put in the underbelly with that color for the underbelly.) But what do I know. Sorry about the water. We are gloomy again. I saw the sun briefly for about 20 minutes last evening before it set. We are supposedly in the 30's but that damp cold makes it seem a lot less temperate. Happy Monday. ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a lot of rain!!!
    Wow!!!take care!!and hope u like ur mat better now!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Stag looks great ! I'm sure you will find the perfect wool for your background . You might end up with another pond in your back yard ! We haven't seen the sun in over a week , this dreary , wet , gloomy weather has been too much !

    ReplyDelete
  6. We have had the snow to match I am wondering about the melting of the snow I hope it is slow. You need to trust yourself you always do such a wonderful job
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the line around the stag in the original but it may “glare” more in real life. I get frustrated trying to replicate original but you carry it off well! The rain clouds must be sitting right over y’all. I’m sorry. High today here is 16F but it’s dry.
    Sheepunderfeet

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well I like it all, but again you need to do what is best or you. We are our own worst enemy when it comes to projects. There have been times when I chucked something if I did not like it, so no judging from me. Janice

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and I always welcome comments.