Wednesday, January 3, 2024

First Rug Show of 2024

It's been two weeks since I posted old rugs so thought it was about time for another show.  Yeah, it's true my radar always finds deer rugs and horse rugs.  No date on it sadly, but dimensions are 27 x 37.  Wish there had been a photo of the back to see original colors as  I'm wondering if the triangle border colors were more distinct before soiling during use.
In case you're wondering, no that isn't the one I'm considering hooking next.  Below is the one I'm eyeing.
But then I also like this one and have had the photo for a couple years.  Love the earthy colors of all three rugs.
Three dainty flowers and an unusual way to do a hit and miss by puzzle piece style hooking in colors.
Another set of three ~ three pots of flowers with hit and miss border.
Half-round welcome mat, beautifully done using up textured wool.   Late 19th or early 20th century.
A geometric hooked late 19th early 20th century, measures 25.5 x 35.
 
A dog with a squirrel outline hooked 19th century.  It measures 19 x 34.5.  I've never hooked a rug with fringe.  The fringe would be the color of your foundation so if you wanted color the foundation would need to be dyed first.  Also you'd need a bigger perimeter of linen around the rug or at the ends if that's where you wanted the fringe.
Pretty landsape with a girl depicted larger than the vehicle which is typical in primitive rug hooking.  It measures 27 x 48 and hooked early 20th century.
Time for lunch and then feed the sheep some wool strips.

Saundra



8 comments:

  1. Yay for a New Year Rug Show!
    I like the floral with three pots, and single-deer rug...always fun to see what you've found for us! {I need to bind a few small mats lol}
    Lori from Notforgotten Farm

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I am In Love with the Welcome Rug !!! That is calling out to me ...Hook Me Hook ME !!!! LOL
    I also love the last rug ....pretty colors and design

    ReplyDelete
  3. I prefer the third deer design, the single deer. It's unusual in it's blocky,stoutness

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the welcome mat,,,
    Love them all,,,but that one,,wow,,,,

    ReplyDelete
  5. Always fun to see the oldies and it's a great motivator! The Welcome rug is my fave I think. Thanks for sharing! Betty

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm a sucker for deer too...whether stitched or hooked. You couldn't go wrong with any of the 3 deer you've found. It's my hope to get to my stag rug...soon, very soon. ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the antique rug show. I like the first deer rug but I would not hook those two black triangles on under their hooves. I'm sure that you've already picked one up by now.

    Take care.
    Hugs, Julia

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and I always welcome comments.