Tuesday, January 16, 2024

ON THE FRAME

Did anyone take bets as to which antique rug I'd choose to hook next?  If you chose the Lone Deer you'd take home the winnings.  After printing out the first paper pattern I thought it looked too big.  Then eventually decided on 23 x 25.  But I extended my pattern a tad longer but only by an inch, so mine measures 23 x 26.
Not a whole lot accomplished so far but slow and steady wins the race, right Julia?.  At least I've something to keep me entertained during this cold weather.  Yesterday it snowed and stuck to the ground except where there was water.  And right now MORE WATER in the form of rain is occurring.  At this rate there will be standing water (aka the lake) on my property until summer.

Happy hooking.

Saundra



9 comments:

  1. Oh! can't wait to see the progress on this one <3
    Lori from Notforgotten Farm

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hurray for a new rug on the frame! It’ll be another beauty, I’m sure. We’re also getting snow followed by a big warm up in the next couple of days. Can we say “mess”?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was sheepunderfeet commenting

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice pattern, it looks good. Stay warm & Dry!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're the rabbit and I'm the turtle. Lol. I'm not winning any race lately. I think I'm hibernating.
    I bet you'll enjoy hooking this one. It looks easier than the sheep one but I may be wrong.

    Again, I feel like The new month is slipping away so fast. Already January 16 and I can notice the daylight getting longer.
    I've been keeping up with the latest news. It's getting interesting.
    Take care and stay warm.
    Hugs,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  6. ...yup, looks like Sissy and I have to share the winnings. With the dry weather, the floss I stitch with has cut the skin on my little finger and it's painful (I have an odd way of holding my needle and floss) so decided I need to dig out my hook for a bit...and just before I sat down to catch up on blog posts, I went downstairs and unearthed my own "stag" that I started (over?) a year ago. I didn't hook much on it but then decided I wasn't happy with my wool choice and put it away. And that was the end of that. Not sure where I will go with it now but some decisions need to be made. Still frigid as heck here. And the wind...ugh, that relentless wind. ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have more hooked than I do on my potted plant. I have been a cross stitching fool lately and then trying to get bunnies and hearts completed for the store. Need to pick up my hook again soon. Good choice for a rug you drew up. Janice

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thinking of that deer mat would be Next!,...?
    Great start,,,

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and I always welcome comments.