Wednesday, January 10, 2024

THE AFTERMATH

The storm came thru yesterday afternoon thru the night.  Even after going to bed I could hear the wind and rain pounding.  Wasn't sure what I'd find as far as water but knew for sure there would be lots of limbs down in the morning.  

Here are some pictures I took early this morning.  This first one is just outside my garage and toward my neighbor's house.  Notice the water in their back yard.
The water from my lake has risen to inside my backyard.  That's a LOT of water.
This shed is to the right of the photo above so you can see how far the water has encroached the yard.  The neighbor's photo shown previously is to my right side.   BTW, my inground propane tank is located between me and my neighbor's yard and the water is up to the gauge.  Guess I should call the propane company and inquire of any issue that may cause.
Weatherman said there was over 3" of rain in Seaford.  And if that hasn't been bad enough there is yet another storm coming thru this Friday (in 2 days) and more rain next Tuesday and Wednesday.  He also said so far this year there has been more precipitation than in all of last winter.  And there are 2 months more of winter to go.

Will pick up limbs tomorrow and get ready for the next storm front.  But then will pull some loops on the Sheep who lost its way.  Hope everyone is safe, has electricity or like some lucky ones have a generator.

Saundra



8 comments:

  1. Youzers...hopefully there will be no issues with your propane. Our ground is mushy with all of the rain we have had. I cannot believe I am saying this, but wish it would freeze and snow. This weather is crazy here. Janice

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow,,,alot of Rain,,,this winter has been different here so far,,,
    As I say that,,it's going to be a real winter starting today into weekend ,with major snowstorms,,,,and cold,,,
    Stay safe,,,

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, Mummy D, that is a LOT of water. Ick. Lucky you don't have a basement (or do you??). Here in Nod, it has snowed the past several days...usually only 3" or so at a time, but that adds up day after day...and tomorrow we are to get 6-12" more with winds of 45mph+...oh, and then a dip into the deep freeze....-27º on Monday I heard. Winter here we go.... Stay safe and as dry as you can.... ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a lot of water. I've never heard of having a propane tank in the ground. I sure hope the water won't rise anymore to cause problems.
    I think it would be very wise to call the propane company. Let's hope some of the water will be absorbed in the ground and not rise any more.

    Stay safe and dry.
    Hugs,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you are keeping warm and safe as well. We've not had the precip. but are in for some frigid temps (-1*) 😯

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a lot of rain !!!! What crazy weather we are having. Our 14"of snow is practically all melted , we get rain tomorrow night again ....but colder temperatures next week ....
    Hope you stay save and warm & cozy

    ReplyDelete
  7. We sure could use some of your water here in NE California. We used to get feet of snow, but now and inch or two is a really big deal. We have a thin frosting of snow on things. N Idaho is to be quite in the negative.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's quite the pond in your yard...but nothing compared to the flooding I have seen in other areas. If it gets cold and freezes, you will have your own personal ice rink.
    Seriously...I hope the next storm doesn't hit as predicted. Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and I always welcome comments.