Saturday, January 6, 2024

MISC. CHIT CHAT

Yesterday I drew a Dancing Rabbits pattern with 5 rabbits for Beth and it will ship today.  Below is Nancy Kilrain's rendition of the original design with 3 rabbits and she added a swag border.
There were many talented minds at work so each person created their own personal rug.  
If you would like to visit previous posts of that hook-a-long I hosted you can see some posts HERE.  

However, I haven't drawn a pattern for my next project yet as I'm still force feeding my sheep wool strips.  Plus there are two rugs vying for top position. This photo appears to have just a sliver of empty hooked space but this shot is deceiving as the unhooked area goes all the way around the pattern.
Yesterday I also ordered a bolt of linen.  As people will be spending more time inside where it is warm so someone might want a new pattern for 2024.  I didn't want to find myself out of linen if someone wanted a pattern.  In the past that did happen and had to wait to draw the pattern for the customer ~ don't want that to happen again.

In case you need wool or a Hartman hook, Dorr is having a sale, click on that link.  Not sure how long the sale will last so check them out soon, good luck on finding something you need ... uh, or want, lol.

Oh that weather, oh my lake, oh my gawd!  My lake levels have barely dwindled since it is cold, cloudy and in the shade.  If that isn't bad enough at noon today it began to rain with 1 1/2 - 2 inches expected.  Then on Tuesday another round of inclement weather is coming through with higher levels of precipitation expected.  Below is a photo taken this morning before the rain started.
Guess it is time to settle in my hooking spot and resume pulling loops.  Hope your area doesn't get hit too hard with the wet or white stuff.  On this cloudy and rainy day am wishing you happy hooking, punching, knitting, etc.

Saundra


7 comments:

  1. I Loved hooking those Dancing Bunnies !!! It is hanging in my grand kids bedroom . Just makes me smile when I go in there !

    We are expecting 4-12" of snow ....then Tuesday we will get lots of rain , just to make a nasty mess. Maybe your lake will turn into an ice skating rink .....UGH This weather is just crazy .

    It is good weather to keep us inside pulling loops though .....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got a rug started but I have been busy reading and taking down Christmas
    i think Dorr's sale is until the 9th
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, at least you're continuing to pull loops...that's more than can be said of me. Yikes...methinks you need to consider starting to build an ark?? We've had snow all day...nothing major....but snow. Wet and messy. And white. Might try to remember one of the movies I thought I wanted to watch and try to find it and stitch a little...not happy with that either these days, but gotta do something other than what needs doing. ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did start the rug you drew the pattern for. Am liking it thus far. We finally had some snow today. Just an inch, but I actually liked seeing it falling this afternoon. Me thinks by February though I will hate it though. Cannot wait to see what you start on. Janice

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the bunnies,,,
    Did two years ago,,,,
    Winter nay come this week,,?
    We have been lucky with not much,,,,

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stop teasing and show us how much of the rug has been completed!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. 5 dancing bunnies is more than 3. It must be a fair size rug pattern.
    I can't quite remember that partially hidden rug.
    I pulled a few loops but night time is not my favorite time to pull loops.
    A bolt of linen must be quite pricy but a lot cheaper that what we would pay here in Canada. By the time we we add the exchange on the dollar, the shipping and the custom or brokerage fee. Today, one Canadian dollar is worth $.75. I was going to order another bolt of wool but held off on it as I haven't been hooking much lately.

    Wowsy on that backyard pond. I hope it drains before spring when the mosquitoes emerge.
    Take care and sleep tight.
    Hugs, Julia

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and I always welcome comments.