Tuesday, January 9, 2024

SHEEP UPDATE

Okay Lauren, here is the progress on "Sheepie" as you call it.  This unfinished rug was started early November and is becoming as notorious to me as the 'forever floral'.
Right now there is still a ripple in the middle and around the sheep.  That is due to the sheep being hooked at camp and subsequently ripped out and re-hooked.  I tried rubbing the linen to settle it down and eliminate the holes made from previous wool strips, but fact is foundation does stretch.  Am hoping once steamed all will lay flat
the rug finished without a bulge or rippling.

I'm not happy with my grey curved area to the left of the sheep but the original antique had a shape like that.  Am also not happy with that snake section hooked in the bottom border either.  But figured the dark was better than the light.  Oh, and I don't like all the light background around sheep.  Okay, let's just say I'm not happy with it at the moment.  Could be I just want the dang thing DONE.

For reference, here is the original antique rug below.
Rain and strong winds to begin around noon today and latest prediction is anywhere from ANOTHER  1 1/2 - 4" of rain.

Saundra


9 comments:

  1. well, I do like the look of it all! but, we have to be happy ourselves, so....
    {{ maybe a more creamy white around the sheep? }} I'm sure once you get it finished it will be fabulous per usual :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do like it very much but I am not the one hooking it either. I know you are pretty critical of your hooking and only you need to be satisfied.
    Another storm coming in tonight snow then rain which will make an unholy mess.
    then the winds so glad we have a generator.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok...on this I think you are being hypercritical of yourself. (I know, the post calling the kettle black...) But keep in mind, Mummy D, that your color scheme is way different than the original. I actually really like the little brown snake at the bottom. If anything, I might change the little gray area to the left to eliminate the polka-dot effect I am seeing...but that is only because you drew my attention to that area and said you didn't like it. It is looking beautiful to me. Stay dry...we have wet heavy snow here and high winds moving in. All around fun day in Nod. not. ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK. Quit your bellyachin'!!! Sheepie is wonderful and you are close to a finish. Just over 2 months for a rug that size is impressive. I do agree with Robin that that little gray blob could be changed, but as she said, it is because you pointed it out ;-)
    Ugly rainy weather here in Ohio, but you don't have to shovel rain.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OK is this going to be round 2 of you and your tribute rug for your mom? Am sure it will be fine once you decide. But I am also critical of my own work, so cannot really judge you on your rugs. Janice

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like it 😊. It looks like a completely different rug so you really can’t compare. I agree with the others that you are being too hard on yourself. But I do understand when a project isn’t what you expected.
    Lady Locust

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks great to me ...but I know you will tweak it until it makes you happy ....
    Half our snow was washed away with the rain we get over night ....just weird weather

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like Lauren's comment. She's so bold, isn't she? Stop your bellyaching!!! lol...
    We all know that it all the tweaking is your signature. Your "Sheepie" is looking mighty good to me and is this close of being finished. "Sheepie" is looking great.

    We woke up to about 4 inches of snow this morning but it's been raining all day. No wind, thank goodness.
    Take care, hope you don't get too much rain. Hugs

    Julia

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and I always welcome comments.