Friday, January 26, 2024

THIS and THAT

This is an antique adaptation hooked by Lisa Halverson.  It is called Geometric with Horse and measures 27 x 29.  She did a wonderful job making it look like the original.  Kudos Lisa. 
Last Friday it was snowing and today is a heatwave.  This morning at 8 a.m. decided to take a photo of the steamed windows of the back door.  Temps were probably record high, not sure but on the news other towns in this area beat the record from previous years.
Sorry the next photo is blurry but the photo was taken without a flash.  Just before noon the temperature outside was 71, higher than I keep my thermostat during the winter.  Yeah, I know that's chilly but I wear sweats and turtlenecks during the winter to conserve.  
Not only are the animals confused but so are the plants.  Believe it or not the crocus is blooming in January.
Over coffee I did my normal search for antique rugs but came across a very interesting quilt circa 1900.  Now talk about "making do", look at the large pieces of clothing to maximize the use of fabric and size of the quilt.

Yes the maker could have cut those into pieces and have a more labor intensive project but obviously function was needed more than fanciful.
I've drawn and shipped two different patterns this week.  Today did some work in the yard picking up pine cones and limbs but there is lots more to do.  So very little hooking took place on my stag.  Weather permitting before the rain and cool weather returns this weekend will do more as time permits tomorrow.

It's a little premature maybe, but me thinks me has my next rug plan in the works.  Thanks go to the 'mother lode' spoken about in the previous post.  Hope you have a few days of rest, relaxation and hooking in your future.

Saundra


9 comments:

  1. That is crazy weather. It's been like a damp bone chilling cold here and it snowed today. My arthritis doesn't like it and you're sweating at your place and cleaning the yard. Earlier, if felt like spring here. I was too busy to check the temperature but if felt like spring. The animals must be very confused.

    That's a nice geometric rug. I like the earthy colors.
    Wow, I've never seen a quilt like this before. I wonder if the quilter had a pair
    of scissors. I have to take a closer look at it.

    Enjoy the free heat.
    Hugs, Julia

    ReplyDelete
  2. I took a closer look and it looks like there is a sock sewed in there.
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lisa did a Beautiful job hooking that pattern , her colors are beautiful !
    The weather is just crazy this winter ....all of our snow finally melted and I could take nice long walks on the bike path, but tomorrow it's back to rain and then snow ......this whole week has been so gloomy and dreary . I am done with winter !
    Hope you can pull a few loops & look forward to your next project !!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My guess is Bird and Berries is being considered for your next rug.
    We are much warmer than normal than for January...but I am talking the 40's...not low 70's! Those crocus are a breath of spring.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lisa did a great job on her adaptation of this rug. Loved the colors she chose. Your weather has been crazier than ours this Winter. Hope Spring is better. Janice

    ReplyDelete
  6. What crazy Weather!,,,,
    We have a mild break now and rain,,,Weird,,,,
    Love that mat,,,so muted ,,but rich,,,

    ReplyDelete
  7. A sepia toned rug- very clever. I’m back at my hit and miss hall runner. The forever project. Our weather may seem a bit less erratic but the lack of very deep freeze is concerning for our summer gardens.
    Sheepunderfeet

    ReplyDelete
  8. was very warm here too...not happy that the stinkbugs and ladybugs {imposters} reanimated and came back to life like little buzzing zombies! ~ I'm on the lookout now for signs of our daffy's srouting up...lots of rain so the ground is nice and soggy for them to push-through!
    excited to see your next rug...and OH! that QUILT!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love Lisa's rug! Yikes on your weather! We've had a mostly mild winter (so far...and except for the week+ of -30's), but we're still snow covered (a little more coming in tomorow) and definitely no blooming plants. Wow. That quilt...is...something. I've truly never seen anything like it. ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and I always welcome comments.