Thursday, January 18, 2024

YOUR DAILY DOSE OF FIBER

Starting with a blank flash drive and saving rugs as I see them.  This rooster below was a new listing but they provided no other information except the starting bid.  Perhaps if I'd inquired they would have given the info to me but I wasn't planning on buying.
A central horse which is hard to see, with diamond border hooked 1870's found in the New England area measures 40 x 75.
This hit and miss geometric is dated 1912 in the corner.  Dimensions are 44 x 55.
The Minute Man rug, circa 1900 is 20 x 34.5.
I love the winter scene below but have no information as to date or size.  Someone recently posted a photo of their progress hooking this design on FB and she is doing a fabulous job.
This stag rug was hooked in Waldoboro style but no other info.  
Only info gleaned about the winter cabin below is that it is from Quebec, Canada.
A woman baking bread in an outdoor oven, hooked in the 1900s measures 19.5 x 23.5.  
I became interested in learning about such a thing of the past and found this photo of a woman baking bread in Quebec.  Interesting the historical things I've learned thru rug hooking.
Snow is in my forecast, just another form of water.  Stay warm and happy hooking.

Saundra


8 comments:

  1. Yikes the Hit or Miss would be crazy to hook ....hurts my eyes !!!LOL
    The Rooster is really nice !
    Snow for us too , hopefully just an inch ....I'm tired of Winter already , the frigid cold & windy days keep me from walking outside & I am too tempted to eat cookies and candy !! Have to pull loops to control myself !

    ReplyDelete
  2. That rooster is pretty fun! I hope you don't get too much snow...or rain. Although we warmed to a few degrees above 0 during the day today, it's still too cold to snow. ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not that I'd hook it, but that rooster is a fun rug.
    Weather guessers say we may get 4" - 8" of snow tonight. Ugh ;-(

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all the rugs. They style is difficult to chose a favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maybe I love the handsome rooster because I'm partial to roosters.
    I'm not sure what the P of H means on that geometric rug in the lower left corner but I think it could be The Pit of Hell, lol...
    The outdoor oven picture is very interesting. It would be great in the summer so as not to heat the house in hot temperatures.

    Take care, hugs.
    Julia

    It was cold here this morning but we are getting warmer weather coming.
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  6. have to admit...that rooster is fabulous in my chicken-loving book!
    also love the pic of the lady baking bread...cookies are in our oven at the moment, gotta keep this old farmhouse cozy!!
    Lori from Notforgotten Farm

    ReplyDelete
  7. Am not a fan pf roosters, however I do like this rug. Maybe its the colors, but clearly a fav to me. Janice

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and I always welcome comments.