Tuesday, February 13, 2024

PLUS ONE AFTERALL

Couldn't wait any longer, there it was, so innocent yet beckoning me to come play.  So on the frame it went for a little playtime.  This will be another worm buster but as we all know those strips just seem to replenish themselves as fast or faster than we use them.
Now that I've had an afternoon of fun it will go back on the sideline and wait its turn for the next play date.  
There is still more hooking to be done on the Lone Stag.  The first posting of it was January 16th so it wasn't as quick a finish as Lauren thought.

Happy Valentines Day to all my cyber and rug hooking friends.  Back in school during the 50's it was so much fun to put a card on my classmates desks.  Usually they came in a box with a variety of designs and it was such fun to pick out the most appropriate one for each person.  Many of you who read/follow my blog may be too young to have had that experience but for those closer to my age wasn't that a lot of fun?
So again, HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY.  And Lori, maybe you'll get another heart shaped box of candy, lol.

Saundra


8 comments:

  1. Sweet mat,,,,Happy valentine's 💖❤💛

    ReplyDelete
  2. Less than a month is still pretty darn quick!!!
    I am going to love your "plus one"!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We all used to decorate a shoe box for valentine's day and that was our mail box we put it on the corner of our desk and at the end of the day we could open all of our cards.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh those Valentines cards were great ! The Boys got the yucky ones ...LOL
    I can't wait to see how you hook this new design ...I Love it !

    ReplyDelete
  5. One month...My stag has been lingering for a year plus.... Yikes, what a slacker I am. Yes, I'm old enough to remember the Valentines.... A much simpler and happier time. Happy Valentine's Day Mummy Dearest. ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
  6. I KNEW that was going to be a plus one! and a perfect one it is....I remember schooldays leading up to Valentines day...lots of paper, paste and crayons to help make the box our valentines would come home in! then the actual valentines themselves...I still have a few myself, and should really take that walk down memory lane. i DID get another heart shaped box! alas, not the acrylic heart shaped one, but a beautiful one nonetheless.... Happy Valentines day to you my friend!
    Lori from NFF

    ReplyDelete
  7. I see you could not resist getting it on your frame. Happy Valentine's Day. Janice

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is most def a worm buster mat! What fun to play on a new pattern. I subbed taught last week in grade school and the kids had decorated paper bags for Valentines and were to bring in cards for each person on the 14th. That was lovely to see. Some traditions linger?
    Sheepunderfeet

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and I always welcome comments.