Friday, February 16, 2024

THIS and THAT

Last loops were pulled on the Lone Stag today and am excited to move onto the hearts and star pattern sitting on the side line.
I decided not to do the white outline around the deer since there is quite a value difference between him and the background anyway.  And, I changed the eye and mouth to darker wool.  Below is the way it was hooked before.
And comparing mine to the beautiful original antique mine looks anemic and sickly in comparison.  Oh well, maybe if I wipe my dirty shoes on mine enough times it will have a nice patina too.
Oh well, at least it is hooked and on 2/16 one month from the first posting.  Now it needs to be bound.

In her recent post, friend Lauren mentioned how many posts she's made since the beginning of her blogging journey.    She started blogging 2009 and had reached 2001 blog posts.  As I had no idea how many posts or when I started blogging I had to go check it out and took a screen shot.  

The total number posts I circled in red at the top.  I started blogging in 2011 and that you can see on the right side bar down toward the bottom of the page.

Yesterday the weatherman said we would get 1-3" of snow beginning tonight but this morning it changed to 2-5".  No plans to go anywhere and I've lots of hooking or binding I could do.  So come what may.

Happy weekend and happy hooking.

Saundra


5 comments:

  1. Your natural is wonderful,,,!!
    Snowing here ,,,,,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lone Stag is wonderful...or course...and now you have something to bind while waiting on your car repair...or was that this week? My mind...sigh.
    You blog way more than I do so I am not surprised your total posts far outnumber mine! Keep up the good work. Always a pleasure to see a post from you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your stag turned out great! And you turned it out in record time. Yikes. Mine is still lingering. I need to go to Cathy's to try to find some wool I thought I had more of, but don't. Hopefully she'll have something at least somewhat close...but that would involve leaving the house. Stay cozy.... ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Stag looks great ! I really like your colors and how you tweaked his eye & mouth .
    Wow you have had so many posts !!! And I think I have seen most of them !!! Keep them coming !!!
    We got a light dusting of snow ...I am not happy ...I don't want to see any more !!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oy! Changing the eye sure made a difference. Yahoo, on to the next.
    Lady Locust

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and I always welcome comments.