Thursday, February 29, 2024

LEAP DAY

Temperatures were in the upper 60's the last few days so it felt and looked like spring had already sprung.  Today it is back to feeling like winter.  Just a few of my daffodils which showed their pretty heads.
The Dancing Rabbits pattern has been a hot commodity lately, guess because Easter will be here soon.  I've another to draw today and yesterday received an email from two people who must want one but since they are a NO-REPLY blogger (anonymous) was unable to correspond with them.  So if they are reading this post and who replied to the "Hop on a Hop-Along" or the "I Found it" post, please reach me thru the EMAIL ME location on the right side bar. 

As my schedule has been busy with appointments and life in general, there has been little accomplished on the Star and Hearts rug.  However, here is a preview of it. 
Again, below is the antique so you can see that I try to replicate my antique adaptations as closely as possible while using what I have on hand.
I'd better get to work drawing up some rabbits and since I've the rest of the day free to be me....will use that time for happily hooking.  Happy Leap Day.

Saundra


8 comments:

  1. Happy Leap Day! ~ nd happy that your Dancing Rabbits are hopping out for you!
    I have a small mat I'm in theprocess of hooking, small mat but a big strawberry lol...oh, and a tulip one too. :/ ~ Lori from NFF

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd say you have accomplished a lot!!! Give yourself some credit ;-)
    My daffs are just in the bud stage, but the snowdrops and winter aconite have been blooming for quite some time, though today they do not like the 28* temps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you've made a lot of progress...and I am very impressed by how closely yours matches the original - especially since you're not specially dyeing wools to use for it. Crazy weather here too...One day with record highs and the next with windchills in the double digits. We're back on a gradual warm-up though for the week's end. No daffies blooming here...we had snow Tuesday night. But I did see one of my tulips trying to push through. Something tells me that is a foolish thing for it to do. ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your colors look just like the antique !
    Our weather has been a roller coaster too .....was 60 degrees, now freezing strong winds and rain last night ....hope the plants don't get tricked by the fluctuations.
    Thats great the Dancing Bunnies are popular again !!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Our temps are crazy cold today but they are warming up this weekend.
    Your new rug is amazing!
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah, hop to it 😂 (Please don't block me) Can't believe the daffys already. It's been a wonky weather year for sure. We need more winter. Star and hearts are coming along nicely even if slowly. Hope your appointments are all quite boring for all involved 💕

    ReplyDelete
  7. Busy times,,,
    Love UR progress on UR mat,,
    Looks like spring,,,,

    ReplyDelete
  8. DANG you are really close with your colors on this one with the antique. Great job. Janice

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and I always welcome comments.