Saturday, March 16, 2024

PRINTERS, SCANNERS and PATTERNS, OH MY!


Thought for sure I'd found a way to circumvent the inability to print out patterns from the computer using the Paint program and the HP 6600 scanner/printer.  But that didn't turn out as expected.  It was if the devil himself had corrupted it and was useless.  Since I had an order for this lovely pattern (1922 Fox) I went out and purchased a new Epson printer/scanner.
I spend over 2 hours trying to get it to communicate with my wifi with no success.  Finally gave up at 5 p.m.  Took the damn thing back the next morning and ordered another HP which was delivered just before noon today (Saturday).  

It's not as nice as the HP 6600 (when it worked) but at least this one does the job.  Got it hooked up easily, was able to print out the paper pattern and just finished drawing it on linen. It's ready to ship on Monday.
Quite a drop in temperature from earlier in the week, got spoiled so these normal temps feel uncomfortable.  Thanks for the leftover vegetable soup taken out of the freezer this morning, my dinner is already planned.  It's just about 5 O'clock and I'm almost ready for my celebratory glass of cab while pulling a few loops on Star and Hearts.

Saundra


7 comments:

  1. Not that I'm a conspiracy theorist or anything, but it is a bit odd that I had the same old printer you did and it stopped connecting to my wifi right before yours did.... Hmmmm. The kids got me a new HP printer for Christmas (an HP 7900) which I don't like half as well as my old one (it's so much bulkier and is white, not black, etc.) and I'm still having connectivity issues. Sometimes it works fine, but most usually it does not. I have to unplug it, wait a while, plug it back in and do an incantation and sometimes it starts working again. So frustrated. Love that foxy rug!! Enjoy your cab...clink clink.... ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our color printer wont print in color anymore and it drives me crazy. Neither of us know why and we do have ink in it. UGH technology. Glad you were able to get yours to work. It rained here most of the day. I made a roast chicken in the crock pot for dinner with mashed potatoes and asparagus. It warmed us up on this cold damp day. Janice

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy you got the newest printer working.
    My printer is not printing properly even though it has ink. ARGH!!! Heads have been cleaned to no avail.
    Quite the weather change in Ohio, too. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. it's so strange how our love for old ways {our handwork} has to collide with current technology...sometimes not for the best!
    Lori from NFF

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yikes!!!what time!!!
    Glad u got another one!!! Elaine ⛄ we have snow today!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am having printer issues right now which is awful!
    I hope you enjoyed your Cab
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kudos on resolving your printer issues. In my book that's a big one as I'm seriously challenged in the ways of technology.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and I always welcome comments.