Tuesday, May 28, 2024

ANTIQUE RUG SHOW

Perhaps there will be a rug here to inspire something new for your frame.  And if I'm lucky it will get my juices going to put one on my frame when Running Horse is completed.

Recently Lauren showed us her new project which is an adaptation of a Victorian wallet which you can see HERE.  So it seems apropos that I show you an 18th century purse stitched with silk and metal thread.  This design would also make a great hooked rug.  Again Blogger won't let me make the pictures below any larger for your viewing comfort.
A bowl of flowers dated 1863.
A geometric with an easy to draw and hook design.  With it's simplicity this would be great to use up some of those wool colors we consider ugly but which would add interest to an otherwise boring rug.  Try it using those plaids you don't know what to do with or perhaps dye jobs that didn't go as planned.  
Rug with a sailing ship and waterfall rug hooked 19th century measures 22 x 40.  Sure wish I could enlarge this one so try clicking on the photo to get it to enlarge.  Hopefully Blogger will work for you.
Profile images of 2 horses hooked late 19th early 20th century. 
I wonder if Babe is an antique because of the artistic background but felt it worthy to share and maybe someone knows as the auction house did not give a date.
And for my Canadian friend is a landscape displaying sugar shacking which is, of course, a Canadian hooked rug.
Cooler temps now that the storms have moved to the east from the left and middle of the US.  Have heard it is also going to be a higher than normal year for hurricanes.  Hope all will be calm when I plan to take the ferry to rug camp in Cape May, NJ.

Happy hooking.

Saundra


6 comments:

  1. I especially like that bowl of flowers and the geometric intrigues me.
    Babe does not look vintage/antique to me . . . but what the heck do I know ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow to hook the design on the purse would be beautiful , but I prefer the one below it . Love your rig shows !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok...so I am absolutely in love with that first one. Surprised you, didn't I? ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the Canadian Mat! Very good shape,,,,
    Love the basket of flowers,too,,,,
    Cool here this morning,,,brr,,,but sun,,,!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely love that first Jacobean design. I think it would make a great rug.
    Hugs, Julia

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and I always welcome comments.