Thursday, May 9, 2024

JUST ANOTHER RUG SHOW

Found some old rugs during my recent search and unfortunately not all provided me with age/date.  So I'll start off with a cat rug which was hooked early 20th century.  Shame the lady didn't pull a couple tails up in the middle of the eyes.  She had some black, and at least it would have given the poor kitty life.
A rug with double horses hooked late 19th century and located in PA.
Just a dog playing with butterflies; or are they playing with the dog?  
Actually my silly Rottie Panzer would and did chase butterflies and blackbirds.  I recall one time while living in Columbia, MD and walking them at the ballfield he pulled up a wildflower and was taunting his mother Shumba with it enticing her to play.  Another time the poor boy bent down to either sniff or look at a bee and got stung on his nose.  I was scared all night for fear he would have a reaction.  He was the goofiest 'most dangerous' Rottweiler alive, lol.  Below is a photo of Panzer and his mom Shumba playing with a ball they found at the ball field, photo taken 2016.
You know I love horse rugs, but this one does nothing for me; it doesn't have a story.  It is was hooked early 20th century and measures 26.5 x 34.  But it is boring.
This looks familiar and may have been shown before.  But maybe not all my readers have seen it.  Father of his Country, 35.5 x 46.5 and hooked early 20th century.  The rug sold at auction for $830 in 2011.
A lovely log cabin 14" chair pad.  
An intricate floral rug hooked 19th century.  Don't think I'd hook it but IF I did think I'd opt to hook the center part with just a simple border.
Well, folks, that's it for tonight.  Will pull a couple more loops before hitting the sack.

Saundra


6 comments:

  1. Wow! That floral mat is amazing,,,,,
    Thanks for show,,,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun picture of Panzer and Shumba.
    The center of the last rug would be great but I'm with you on that intricate border.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww...that photo of your pups is just precious. Call me weird (ok, many already have...) but I like that "boring" horse rug. I like the simple soothing color pattern and the horse reminds me the demeanor of my father-in-law's Arabians. ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice picture of the Rottweilers playing with the ball.

    I like the horse, but not his slim saddle. I like the mottled background but don't care for the border. I agree, the cat's eye needs black pupils to bring him alive.

    Thanks for sharing these antique rugs with us. Enjoy the weekend.
    Hugs, Julia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now I do love the simplicity of that horse with the sawtooth border. although the colors could be changed a bit. Love the pic of your pups. So sweet. Happy Mother's Day Saundra! Janice

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty rugs...I like the two horses , the chair pad & the last one , but just the center too ....fun rug show !
    What great picture of your sweet fur babies !
    Have a Happy Mother's Day Saundra !!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and I always welcome comments.