Saturday, May 4, 2024

MISC. CHIT CHAT

Even tho Cape May is still a few months away I was thinking about the pattern I'll take.  Nope, not gonna share that with you just yet, because could be I'll change my mind before camp.  However, was thinking about the wool I'll take for it if it is indeed the one and picking a selection for the "wool ring".

This topic could also fit under the category of 'what teachers taught us' I'd posted previously.  While it is true Caroline Twigg talked about a wool ring in a class I attended.  However I learned about it years ago from another student who had a ring with strips and 1/4 yard pieces for her project pinned to it.  So here is the start of my collection.
Ya know how you always have those small quantities or slim strips which don't fold or pack neatly?  This is a way to take them and avoid the subsequent rats nest when rummaging for what you're looking for.  I have a few of those rings so could use a separate ring for different colors.  The rings were purchased several years ago in the craft department of Walmart.  Think they were intended as a frame for making a dream catcher but serves my purpose well.

You can take a trip back in time to 2012 when I posted about the wool rings just before a Woolley Fox camp HERE.

My deck needs to be washed and sealed but can't do that until the pollen stops.  The front porch collected a fair share even tho there is a roof over top.  I started sweeping and couldn't believe how much there was.  Look at the difference.  And we're breathing that; thank goodness I don't have asthma but do have a sneezing allergic reaction during the season.  Guess those masks might come in handy for things like this even if it doesn't prevent one from getting covid. 
My back lake has almost dried up so before the anticipated rains of today was able to cut the grass, even at the very edge of said lake without getting stuck.  So now the rain has begun and a few more days this week it is in the forecast.  Hope the lake doesn't fill up again as a result of this rain.

Yesterday afternoon the temperature dropped 30 degrees from what it was on Friday.  Today I'm back in a turtleneck and sweats since it is in the very low 50's.  Glad I had some homemade soup in the freezer which was taken out and will be my supper this evening to stave off the chill.  Happy weekend.

Saundra

 

8 comments:

  1. WOW! Talk about planning ahead ~ that is unless you change your mind. I leave for rug camp on the 12th and have most of my wool pulled ~ most unusual for me...lol!
    Happy your lake has mostly dried before the rains begin once again. Come summertime, I am always praying for rain!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was in the high 50's this morning so I took advantage of that and started weeded one of my flower gardens.. Suppose to rain tomorrow, so was glad I got some done today. Hopefully your mini lake will dry up soon. What a fantastic idea to use strips of wool for color choices. I am already loving your new picks. Janice

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are 50 and 60s and rain coming in. That is a good way to keep your wool together. Who are you getting for a teacher?
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gosh,,what a weather change!!!!
    We had a warm day,for a change ,,,,,
    Good ur lake is gone,,,
    Happy weekend 🎈

    ReplyDelete
  5. That last comment from me,,,
    Forgot I am on different tablet,,,,
    ELAINE 🏠

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the ring idea for keeping those small pieces in order. I have used small rings to hold values together when I was learning to dye wool in values, but never thought of using it to keep those small pieces together.

    That's a lot of pollen. I spread a lot of wood ashes on the back lawn and I'm waiting for the rain to wash it in. We're supposed to get rain tomorrow.

    We'll have to wait to see what you chose for Cape May. Take care, hugs.

    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  7. The temperature dropped here today ! I had to get out a polar fleece top to keep warm & put on socks ! Rain for us too , but we really needed it . The pollen has been awful for us too ...and now the green film all over everything !!! I have been going thru Kleenex like crazy ! Good idea to use the ring for wool colors !
    Stay warm & hope your Lake doesn't reappear !!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the way the wool looks like that...but, alas, I don't have that much of a wool collection. Astonishing, no? I have only taken my long johns off 1 day so far. I'm always cold so it has to get pretty warm for me to shed my layers LOL. Maybe today I will try it again as we are to be in the upper 60's and sunny. Weird but I figured it was time for a post from you but nothing was coming up on my reading list...then I noticed there were no new posts from anyone I follow on my reading list. So I checked my "manage blogs I follow" and you weren't listed there. I pulled up your blog doing a google search and there you were with a new post from 2 days ago. What the heck is going on with Blogger now?? It's going to be hard to keep up with new posts this way. Scratch that...IMPOSSIBLE as I can't possibly know when someone might post and search. I unfollowed you and then re-followed you...let's see if that helps at all. :-(. ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and I always welcome comments.