Tuesday, May 7, 2024

MY RUNNING HORSE

This is the start of my adaptation of an antique rug I've named Running Horse.  Or perhaps I should call it 'Horse with Red Mane'?  But then if someone wants me to draw the pattern for them and they don't want a red mane ... then the name is a moot point.  Anyway, I decided to pause on the horse and go for one of the corners with a scroll.  Figured the four corners would become boring so decided to tackle at least one right away.  The hit and miss will be a wiz.
This time I thought ahead and stitched the double cotton binding onto the pattern before starting to hook.  Also this time decided to do a continuous strip vs. the four sides individually.  Each way has it's issues which you learn as you do them and can't say which is my favorite or is the easiest.

Today was the third day in a row with rain and haven't walked back to see if the lake has replenished itself.  Perhaps I'll look tomorrow if it isn't pouring.

Hope my friends in Michigan will be safe as there are numerous tornadoes for that area according to my weatherman.

Saundra


5 comments:

  1. Looking good, as always. I have never sewn the binding on ahead of time. That would sure make finishing a breeze.
    Send me some of your rain, pretty please. It is getting dry already on Ohio's north coast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks great!!! We have had the most wonderful couple of days but we are going into the rain for the next few days sadly.
    I was taught to start my rug by sewing on the binding.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your running horse is looking great. I've never sewed the binding ahead of hooking but it sure is a good way to do it.

    It was beautiful today but I never got a chance to pull a single weed or work outdoors. I had to look at the weather forecast to see what to expect and I see that we can expect 5 days of rain. I'll never get caught up with the yard work but I'll be at peace with it. I'll do what I can and leave the rest. No wonder my shoulder is paining this evening.

    I hope that your lake will dry up.
    Take care, Hugs.
    Julia, the used to be a rug hooker.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love ur horse,,,,Great Mat!
    More rain here today after several nice days,,,,
    Hope ur lake is gone,,

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a magnificent horse he is! Funny, you say the hit and miss will be a breeze. That would require a great deal of overthinking on my part...I'd much prefer doing the "boring" scroll corners LOL. I've never sewn the binding on first but I know of a lot of people who do...and it certainly seems to make the finishing at the end a lot easier. We had an incredibly beautiful day here...even skipped the long johns believe it or not...but cooler again tomorrow and overcast but I don't think rain. Still drying out from the inch we got yesterday. ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and I always welcome comments.