Thursday, May 30, 2024

WHAT I'VE BEEN DOING

Yesterday I did a little dyeing; not pretty blue colors like Lauren recently did but dyeing for a couple upcoming projects.  So my colors are more on the 'dirty' spectrum for antique rugs.  The wool I'm most happy about is that grey stripe which shows the before color on the right side.  I might dye more of that grey but with more solution in the pot and throw those two brown checked pieces back in the pot again to get those darker.
Today I cut Ben's backyard with the push mower and drew a pattern for a customer.  Below is a recumbent dog, circa 1900 of which she requested a pattern.
Susan said she loved the hit and miss background and the antique rug just spoke to her.  As you all know, when I hook a rug for myself I usually name it.  Susan was so enamored with this one I asked if she'd like to give it a name.  So this new design has been named "Abigail's Watch" after her fur baby.

Saundra



5 comments:

  1. Your colors are prim perfect...and that stripe IS gorgeous dyed! Can't wait to see your new projects! I'm off to Little Crow's...he cut the tip of his thumb off at work yesterday. Eek. ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ack! Poor Little Crow. Hopefully he did not do too much damage and will heal quickly.

      Delete
  2. Great dye results!
    Abigail's Watch is a great pattern ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow the grey wool looks perfectly dirty & old ,Love it !!!
    Cute Abigaile pattern !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your dyeing turned out perfect, Your colors all go so well together. Great job.
    Hugs,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and I always welcome comments.