Sunday, September 1, 2013

September 1st ~ Labor Day

And 10 years ago today it really was a labor day for my sweet daughter-in-love when she gave birth to my grandson Zach. 

Since it is the first day of September, and to keep the trend going, will show pictures of a quilt applique that I made the year this house was being built.  I think this is quite an appropriate design for September with the 'empty nest' since the kids leave to go back to school or college.  It is a series of monthly designs by Jan Patek of Indygo Junction.
And before getting into rug hooking also did this stitchery by I Done My Best.  Oops, I see a red thread trailing the T in September and is distorting the words "Today is Sunny".  Guess I need another cup of coffee to wake me up.
 
I think the September Angel is cute.  And as you can see neither of these stitchery pieces have been finished or made into a quilt and frankly doubt they ever will be ~ by me anyway.
 
Enjoy your holiday weekend and hope it is a long one for you working folks. 
 
Saundra

1 comment:

  1. Happy, happy birthday to Zach!!!
    I am so glad I am not the only one with unfinished projects that will probably never get done.
    Hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and I always welcome comments.