Monday, December 23, 2013

One Down and Two to Go

Yup, finished binding and have hung Long Island Farm (design by Lucille Festa) so tomorrow will begin binding my Shadow girl. 
Meanwhile, I'm going thru withdrawal and need to start pulling loops on something.  Each year I plan to have a Christmas themed rug to put on my harvest table and for years had wanted to hook the vintage Santa and Deer.  About 3 weeks ago decided that this was the year I'd start hooking it and wanted to work on it between Thanksgiving and Christmas.  Well, duh..... Christmas is in 2 days.  So this is what I've drawn so far.

Wasn't sure if I wanted a border of two rows, or draw swags here and there, or no border at all.  The only pieces I've hooked with no border were my two memorial rugs of the Rotties and of Shadow, all others had a border of some kind.
The purpose of the picture is to see which white I want to use for Santa's beard and which to use for his clothing trim and to see if it shows up too white.  And in this picture it looks like the red might be too bright, but then guess it depends on whether it is the bright red or the dark which shows at the top of the loop.
 
Drew the stick trees and sliver of moon at the last minute.  Now fix a salad to go with my new pot of homemade soup and pull some loops.
 
Have a great evening everyone; I've only one more gift to wrap and I'm ready for Christmas. 
 
Saundra
 
p.s.  Lauren, next post I'll give dimensions
        I forgot to measure it.



 

5 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas! Love the finished rug and the drawing for the Christmas rug.Hugs,Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too love your finished rug, the crow esp. Hoping to see your progress as you gon on the table rug. I love hearing how you work out the details as you go. I hope you have a Very Merry Christmas. I have enjoyed your posts so much this past year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are too funny! I love that rug. It is on my (very long) bucket list of rugs to hook.
    I've pulled about 10 loops in two weeks and I am having serious withdrawal but it will be a few more days before I have any free time...sigh.
    Merry Christmas, dear friend!
    Hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving "Long Island Farm", Saundra !
    Merry Christmas to you.
    Rose

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your are an inspiration Saundra...always another lovely rug.
    Happy Christmas!
    Warmly,
    Judy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and I always welcome comments.