Sunday, December 15, 2013

More Dyeing

Thought I'd start off first with an adaptation of an E.S. Frost Rug that I hooked.  While perusing photos came across it and remember how much I liked the colors and blotches of different colors in the background.
After doing the faux paisley dyeing yesterday there was a little red dye left so thought I'd use it up.  Actually, I had to add a little more of the Egyptian Red dye because what was left wouldn't have been enough to dye the wool I grabbed.  Soaking here are parts of a skirt (or maybe a jacket?) and a wool pocket.

And this is what it looked like after being over dyed with the red.  Now it can be used with that white toned down.
HEAR YE, HEAR YE.............
My friends Lynne Fowler and Eric Sandberg are starting a hooking group in Onancock, Virginia.  It will be held the second Monday of each month  at Ker Place.  There is no cost, but the Museum would appreciate it if one would join or make a donation.  Please bring a lunch.

Also, beginners are welcome but there will not be any formal class however, they will take beginning supplies.  If you are a newbie you can learn by just watching what other hookers do.  A great way to be exposed to different rug hooking equipment also, not to mention getting away to be with other rug hookers.

Lynne asked that I post this on my blog to spread the word.  So if you are local to the area or are up for a drive the second Monday of each month, you will be welcomed with open arms.

WHEN:  2nd Monday of each  month
WHERE:  Ker Place, 69 Market St., Onancock, VA
TIME:    10 a.m. - 4 (flexible)
LUNCH:  bring your own

If you have questions, Please contact Lynne Fowler at:  lynnevfowler@gmail.com

Thanks for dropping by to visit, comments and questions are always welcome.  Just remember that if you don't provide your e-mail address on your profile I will not be able to reply to you.

Saundra
 

1 comment:

  1. Love the background on your sheep rug - I did the same thing once and it was fun! Sounds like a great new hooking group is being planned - sure wish I was close enough to attend.....

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and I always welcome comments.