Sunday, March 27, 2016

Happy Easter

As kids Easter was all about the Easter baskets and candy.  As we matured we realized what celebrating the religious holiday was really about.

Since this is a hooking blog I will show you rabbit items I've hooked.
A rug designed by Sally Kallin named "Harry".
A painted cloth bunny holding a hooked egg and basket with hooked egg.
Mr. Cottontail, a design by Brenda Gervais.
Both the rabbit and crow purses sold years ago at a show.
The velveteen rabbit on a tuffet may have sold......or maybe it is still in one of my totes.  Perhaps I should check that out.
 The rug above is a design by Karen Kahle named "Stop and Smell the Roses".
Above is the first and last wool yarn hooked rug.  It is a cute design by Claire Murray and named Strawberry Patch.  I hate hooking with yarn. No it wasn't done with an Oxford needle, but rather a Hartman hook. Don't think I'd have liked using the Oxford needle either.  To me, the rugs hooked with yarn look rather machine made or like they came from China.  Just my humble opinion and personal preference.

Hope all of you have a great Easter Sunday.

Saundra


3 comments:

  1. You are one of the "bestest" hookers I know. Love them all but my favorite is Harry.
    Happy Easter, my friend.
    xoxo
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you had a happy Easter. I'm running late making my rounds. I'm with Lauren, My favorite rug is Harry also. He's very appealing.

    Hugs,
    JB

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and I always welcome comments.