Friday, May 18, 2018

You Patiently Waited.....

So guess it is time for me to show what is on my frame.  I decided to do this antique adaptation which is in the booklet Folk Art Underfoot by Joel and Kate Kopp.  The rug is shown on page 25.
The original yarn sewn mat measured 8" x 12" on linen circa 1825.  I'm making my rug larger and this is what I've accomplished so far.  

Jacqueline asked what size the pattern was and what size strips I'm using...  The design measures 23 X 32 and am using some #8 but mostly #8.5.

Haven't thought of a name for the design yet as there was none given nor was there an owner's name.   The only other information was "the flower has ray-like petals".

The flower design with the spikes reminds me of Bee Balm so that has been floating about in my cranium.  Or, there is the thought of the 'ray of sunshine"; except it is a flower.  If anyone has an idea I'd love to hear your thoughts on a name.

Happy Friday; just wish the rain would stop!!!!  We needed it but has been raining since Wednesday and there are two more days to go.  My back yard and woods is flooded and am fearful what it will look like after the next deluge of rain.  This is what it looks like now.
 But is supposed to rain thru Sunday.
Saundra

6 comments:

  1. I like your choice. What size is it and what size wool strips are you using ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! we are in for rain tomorrow but we are in need of it for sure
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that rug and love what you have so far. I am sick of the rain too, we have breaks, but I want to go to the beach and it is going to rain tomorrow.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh , awesome mat,,
    Love it and much bigger!!
    Exciting to start a new mat,,,
    Hope it quits raining,,, yikes,,,
    We have rain this am, too, but has been gorgeous, ,,, need abit,,,

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this rug !!! Think the name Bee Balm is perfect for it !!! Rainy days make you stay inside & do chores & clean , but Hooking or Punch Needle are the Best Chores along with a cookie & hot cup of tea or coffee !!! It can be hard to sit still & relax with your favorite crafts !!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are off to a great start.
    In a couple months, we will all be wishing for some of that rain!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and I always welcome comments.