Sunday, May 6, 2018

A Fickle Hooker

That description would fit me perfectly since my mood runs hot and cold as to what I want to hook next.  I'm about halfway done with binding 1909 Horse and on the homestretch hooking Flower Power and will want something to put on my frame.

Already have several drawn patterns in my stash (22 of them).  Also have numerous PDF patterns purchased when seeing them on-line.  Yet I cannot make up my mind what to hook next.

I've recently drawn antique adaptations for people on designs I was hot to hook at the time posting them on my blog.  But now the raging fire for those have dwindled to embers.

Went perusing Pinterest but didn't see anything new so went back to the saved antique rug photos to look again.  These are the ones I'm considering today.... with the emphasis on the word 'today'.  Heck, tomorrow might be a different story.  The rug below is an antique adaptation which was in the Seven Gates Farm book which I've always liked.
Most recently posted the Stars and Diamonds rug below which is very intersting and what's not to like about stars and diamonds?
But then..... I saw this again.  This rug below has teased me each time it comes into view.  Think someone recently posted a photo of FB of the one they finished.  There is so much brown wool in my stash this would be a great way for me to use up some of it.
What the heck is a rug hooker to do?  So many rugs on my 'to do' list and not enough time.

Got the grass cut today ~ against my will ~ I really wanted to finish hooking Flower Power.

Happy Sunday evening.

Saundra

5 comments:

  1. I am sure you will find a rug you want to hook and soon. I love the flowers and hearts.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I, too, am having a hard time figuring what I want to hook next when I finish what I "have" to hook. I'm sure you will find something wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you should make the last one, love that one, love the colors and it is prim with just enough change to keep it interesting.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that last mat, too, and nice to use up ur browns , or at least colors u dont use much,,,
    I just finish a small abstract,, never dkne that before,,, so much fun,,, in grays in yarn and wools,,, bit of beigey colors,,, great to use colors I never use!!
    Hey, how about hooking, lancaster barnyard next!!??
    Would love to see ur version of loris pattern,,
    It was such a fun one, to do,,,,
    Have a great day,,,

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like the last rug...but those stars are equally appealing. Decisions, decisions...
    Robyn

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and I always welcome comments.