Sunday, March 7, 2021

Good Intentions

Well I did have good intentions to hook the background with a likeness to the original antique but keeping the hit and miss more on the neutral side.   Here is a view of the right side of the triptych American antique rug ~ the Shield.
Took the pattern off my frame to see how the started background appealed to me.
Hmm, it doesn't.  So decided to audition other background colors by placing them on the pattern.  Here is option #1.
Option #2.
Option #3.
Option #4.
Decisions decisions.  

When I first organized the Challenge I said "there was no time limit, just hook at your leisure and send me a photo when you have something to show and share".  
Tomorrow will be the 24th day since opening up the Textile Challenge so no more 'new entries' will be granted.  

There are 3 participants who are very close to being done with their Tulip and one Scrappy Cat started.  So when they are completed I'll happily share your work on my blog.  

Now back to background on my Shield.  Happy Sunday and happy hooking.

Saundra

8 comments:

  1. I like your original choice best. Second place would be option #2.
    I love the way your shield came out!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The original choice for me ,as well, looks so good,,,,,

    ReplyDelete
  3. Or you could sprinkle some tea to age it and leave it as is. I like it

    ReplyDelete
  4. So do tell which did you chooose?
    cathy

    ReplyDelete
  5. The original, then 2 for me as well. Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your shield looks great ! I like # 3 the darker gold , but know whatever you choose & other colors you mix in will be beautiful !!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like option #4. Love the shield thud far! Janice

    ReplyDelete
  8. You hooked that shield beautifully! Background...hmmmm.... I totally stink at color choices....but, for me, Option #2 and the original are pretty even for me for favorites. Still running behind here as my internet issues are not yet resolved. I did find an (expensive) computer geek but he, too, is stumped. Right now, I have a brief connection, so am trying to catch up the best I can. ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and I always welcome comments.