Tuesday, March 9, 2021

BACK to the BEGINNING

Well maybe not way back to the beginning.  In a previous post about the background of The Shield antique adaptation I questioned my original idea of doing a hit and miss background trying to keep the integrity of the antique.  So did some reverse hooking; then after several of you confirmed you liked the hit and miss I reverse hooked that other choice.  Here is what the 'other choice' looked like.
Why did I question my original plan, insecurity at my age????  Perhaps I should have waited to reverse hook until I'd heard the jury's decision because as soon as the jury was in, those background loops were reverse hooked immediately and went back to plan #1.  This is what it looks like now.
There's no going back now baby!  The hit and miss background is it and am happy.

On another note about the recent Challenge, several of you participants  suggested I do an article for ATHA, Rug Hooking Magazine, or even contact the organizer of Sauder to display the pieces.  A couple days ago I wrote to the organizer of Sauder with a link to the blog on the challenge but have not heard back.  Today I emailed the Editor of ATHA but haven't yet heard back.

Here's what you should know if the pieces go to Sauder each participant would need to ship them (am guessing at their expense) and would be gone for a duration of time.  I've never sent anything to Sauder so don't know anything else.

IF an article is approved for ATHA a very good straight photo would need to be taken with high pixels (best setting on your camera).

Would you believe temps were in the low 60's today!  Did a little yard pickup of limbs and pinecones, washed sheets and hung them out (still love the old fashion way of air dried sheets.  Still many more tiny limbs to clean up before grass weeds begin to grow.  I don't hire lawn people ~ since I live in the woods I figure why spend money to fertilize, seed and water the lawn so grass will grow which needs to be cut???  If my weeds grow green and need cutting I'll cut it.

Saundra

7 comments:

  1. Great choice!! You made me jealous with the mention of line-dried sheets. One of my very favorite things. We had a touch of spring today as well!! We hit 50º! But still can't reach the clothesline. We are to get rain tomorrow and even with a cool down, it should reduce the snow some more. Love your weed/lawn philosophy. LOL. ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't reach the clothesline yet,,,Too much snow,,,but have an old clothes horse and put it on the deck yesterday with my sheets,,,,ahhh,lovely getting to bed last night,,,,Warmer here too,,to melt the Snow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your choice of background. We were in the 40s but we have lots of snow to go yet but today is suppose to be 50s so a lot will go today.
    We also have weeds I am not spending lots of money on grass or lack of at this point in my life.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your shield is superb! Someone should want an article. ATHA wild be great.
    I think when we buy our next home I will plant a wildflower field in my yard. Our almost-new mower was always breaking down. And I know the emissions are awful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you decided on the original plan. It is probably finished by now😉

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the Hit or Miss background !!! We still have patches of ice & snow thru the yard , we have lots of trees and shade. Tomorrow we could be in the 60's !!! Will be great to walk & walk tomorrow !!!Will spend as much of the day outside !!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yup! The hit and miss is perfect. I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought that was the way to go.
    I know it is hard to get an exhibit in at Sauder with so many groups wanting to do it. I'm guessing ATHA will want an article.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and I always welcome comments.