Saturday, August 27, 2022

Deer and Blue House Update

I'm definitely not maintaining my every-other-day blog posts I'd hope to keep up.  But at least I'm still blogging...for now anyway.  Many have given up the ghost years ago and was saddened when they left.  Here's the update on Deer and Blue house, an antique adaptation.
The original  was drawn 30 x 52.5 but didn't want mine that big so drew it 21 x 30.  However I will draw it whatever size you wish.  In case you're wondering, those dots/dashes are to indicate the change in background color and/or outline.  You've probably noticed my comments on previous rug shows how I love those blotchy backgrounds of antique rugs.

Guess it is also time for me to remove Mary from the confines of her imprisonment and begrudgingly pull some loops so it can (hopefully) be finished by the end of the year.  The only thing worse than having a rug to bind is having one to hook you're not happy with.  Yet I refuse to toss it in the trash.

Saundra
 God Bless America






7 comments:

  1. I love how you create the blotchy sections , I have to try that , when I do small spots they look dumb & I rip it out ....maybe they need to be bigger ....guess I just need to experiment one of these days !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great! I bet you are already planning your next rug ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was here earlier but didn't have time to leave a comment. Your deer and Blue house is looking really nice. I like your directional hooking in the deer. I can tell you're enjoying working on this one.

    I don't know why bloggers are slacking down but comments are hard to come by lately. For me, it's because I have more work than I can handle with feeling too tired at the end of the day to bother to upload pictures since I only have one cord for my iPhone and it's in my bedroom most of the time. Yes, I think for me, it's that reason. If I go upstairs, it most likely I'll hit the sack instead.
    Hugs,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  4. I miss a lot of the bloggers who gave up the ghost. You must never!
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is coming along swimmingly Saundra...such beautiful loops you make. I know all about tortuous rug...I hope to put the last loops in my current disappointment within the next few days...We had rain yesterday and again today so that fres up some time for me...and I am vowing not to pick up needle and thread until the hooking on this is finished (unless I rip out the entire bottom to redo...then who knows - it may never be finished.) I, too, miss many of the bloggers from years back....but I do seem to be seeing new commenters to my blog...and that brings me joy. Even though I am a very neglectful and erratic blogger myself. ~Robin~ (TheCrankyCrow)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looking positively great! Of course I love the colors you chose. I only blog every 4 days now, but have lost many folks who use to blog too. Wonder what they are dong now? Janice

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and I always welcome comments.